Chapter 28

After the tour, it was time for Mabel and her friends to go back to Piedmont.

"Well it was nice meeting you Dipper." One of Mabel's friends said.

"It was nice meeting all of you too." Dipper replied.

Mabel came in and gave her brother a hug, "One and a half years left." she whispered in his ear.

"I'll be waiting." Dipper whispered with a smile.

Everyone then bordered the bus and then they were off. Dipper chased the bus, waving at Mabel and her friends goodbye, until he reached his limit.

He placed his hand on the 'wall' and smiled, "See you soon Mabel."

#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#_#

School had finished and summer had come again.

Dipper spent more time outside of the shack. He spent time with Wendy, Soos, almost everyone in town.

He also had a job to help get rid of supernatural things that got in the way of people's days.

On the last day of summer, Dipper and Mabel's birthday, Wendy and Dipper sat on the couch outside the Mystery Shack, watching the sunset.

"You seemed less stressed this summer Dipper," Wendy brought up, "Do you not miss Mabel anymore?"

"Of course I do!" Dipper said, "But, I know she'll come back soon. And then, there'll be nothing that can keep us apart."