Chapter 26

"Ma- Mabel?!" Dipper asked, shocked at the sight.

He ran towards his sister and gave her a big hug, "It really is you!" he said in between sobs and smiling, "You're not a hallucination!"

"Yeah..." Mabel said, awkwardly nodding her head, "But Dipper-"

"What are you doing here?!" he interrupted, "Why?! How?!"

Mabel pushed him away, "School field trip." she answered, "But Dipper, what are YOU doing HERE?!" she asked and pointed at Bill's statue.

"Oh!" Dipper stuttered nervously, "Um.. well I was... taking a nap?"

"Don't lie to me Dipper! I saw you were about to shake Bill's hand, what were you doing?!" Mabel yelled angrily.

Dipper was defeated; he couldn't lie to his sister, he had to tell the truth

"I- I was trying to make a deal." he confessed.

Mabel gasped and covered her mouth, "Dipper... why would you make a deal, with HIM of all people! Don't you remember what happened last time?!"

"I know, I know! But I just wanted this so bad!"

"What deal were you going to make anyway?" Mabel asked.

Dipper bit his lip, "I told him that I would do anything just to get out of Gravity Falls for one day."

"That's a terrible deal Dipper!" Mabel protested, "He could've taken your soul or made you his slave! And just for a DAY?! It's not worth it."

"I- I didn't think about that." Dipper said and sat himself in front of the statue, "All I thought about was seeing you again.

Mabel sat next to her brother, "But I told you I was going to come back once we turn eighteen."

"I know, and I've been trying to become stronger for you, but I'm obviously still weak. I'm just a nerd who can't do anything right without his sister."

"You're so much more than that Dipper, look how much you've already grown! You didn't need me! And what happened to your glasses?" Mabel asked.

"Oh yeah, heh, I forgot about those. They got in the way of climbing cliffs and falling into waterfalls." Dipper chuckled.

"Wow, my little brother is all grown up." Mabel joked.

Dipper jokingly punched her, "HA! What about you? You haven't changed a bit."

Mabel stuck out her tongue, "Of course I have!" she shot back.

The two of them laughed and chatted the whole time until they realized the sky had gone dark and the moon was up.

"Guess I should go back with my classmates before somebody realizes I'm gone." Mabel said as she yawned and stretched her arms.

"You could do that..." Dipper said, "Or you can stay with us, you know, since you're here for now."

Mabel smiled, "I'd like that."

0°0°0°0°0°0°0°0°0°0°0°0°0°0°0°0°0°0°0°

Stan and Ford were happy to let Mabel sleep in the shack for the night.

They both laid in their beds and stared at the ceiling, "So what are you gonna do tomorrow?" Dipper asked his sister.

"Oh, we're gonna take a tour about the 'town founder' Nathaniel Northwest." Mabel said sarcastically.

"Ha! If only they knew!" Dipper laughed.

"That's what I said!"

They laughed together until it was silent.

"Goodnight Mabel."

"Good night Dipper."