Chapter 25: Dances and Draco's

Harry's POV

Harry had just, and finally, managed to pull of the smooth, suave move that he had sometimes seen in the very few amount of movies he had seen. Though, he thought bitterly, Harry should have known that the next thing that had always followed after those movies were slow dances. Especially if you were at a rich person party. 

He also thought, bemusedly, that Hermione had taken no hesitation in pulling Pansy Parkinson into the dance, and twirled her around before putting her hands on Pansy's waist. They would probably make a really sweet couple, and if they had the guts to mostly come out at Slughorn's party, they were probably going to do it to the entire school someday soon.  Plus it made great entertainment as Slughorn made a disgusted face at some of the gay couples dancing. What a jerk. 

However, focusing on his friend's relationship, when Harry had a (handsome) boy waiting for him was probably not one of the smartest ideas that he'd ever had. Although, the section of  good ideas Harry had was relatively small anyway. He hadn't realised what he looked to Draco, who was hopefully waiting Harry to also ask him to dance. Harry recollected himself momentarily, before asking, "Would you care to dance then, Draco?"

As an Alpha, one of the things Harry was now expected to do was be polite and also be the first person to ask to dance. It was a strange rule, but wizards do as wizards do. He wasn't sure if Draco had actually presented yet, but ones who hadn't yet presented were considered mostly Betas. 

When Draco had agreed, it felt like a breath of fresh air; literally, since Harry hadn't realised he was holding his breath. But anyway, he watched Draco turn a satisfying crimson, looking around the room. 

"Wait, Harry," he heard. "Actually, um, could we just stay here?" 

He felt a wave of disappointment, but let it go, and replied with a "sure" in Draco's general direction. They simply sat, at one of the many beautifully laid tables that were now empty. Though on inspection, the chairs were quite hard and the tablecloths were a little plasticky. It seemed to be an exact replica of this party's host; seeming nice at first, but a real hard and tough personality to get around. 

There were a few untouched flutes left on the table, probably because the some of the student servers had also left to sneak a slow dance. Harry took one, running a finger absentmindedly, before putting it up to his lips. He sipped slowly, before Draco had tried to make casual conversation. 

"Have you ever had sh-sham- that stuff before?" Draco asked, using a hand to gesture to Harry's glass. 

"Once. It was a bad mistake though," Harry replied curtly, before shifting his focus to Draco's grey eyes. They seemed almost silver, with a little tint of blue, and a bit bigger than he remembered. 

"Where did you get it?"

"I snuck out with the neighbour. He was almost the only friend I'd ever had." 

The words slipped out of Harry's mouth. He hadn't meant to spill one of his biggest secrets, but he wasn't focusing on the conversation as much as he was on Draco's pale white face. 

"Should I ask what happened, or is that a bit too personal?" He asked again. 

"It's complicated. Not really though, I just lost my virginity."

It was one of the few sentences that had come out of Harry's mouth that had disastrous amounts of power in killing a conversation. Harry hadn't meant to tell Draco about this either, but he had little strength in actually paying attention to what he was saying. There was just something different about Draco, and Harry was pretty curious to know what. 

Now that there was a truce between the two, Harry was inclined to stop digging around the enigma that was Draco Malfoy, yet he still seemed intent on knowing. For the sake of knowing most likely, since he wasn't going to throw away a truce to destroy Draco's reputation. What was it?

Staring at Draco's face, Harry unknowingly picked up another glass, narrowing his eyes on the paler boy's face. 

It was starting to get a little fuzzy around the edges of his vision, and so he put down the tenth glass of champagne he didn't know he picked up. Maybe Harry was starting to get a little tispy, and he wasn't surprised when Draco was slightly waving side to side on his feet. 

"Let's go," Harry half-slurred, putting down the glass, and making his way to the exit. It was awfully rude of him to not introduce his presence to anyone of the party, but his priority was to get himself across and back up to Gryffindor without doing anything horrible. His second time drunk, however, was a total step up from the first, and much better than the seedy bar he found himself in when he was younger. 

Draco's slightly amused, yet concerned, face was much better than Harry's neighbour's nephew, and much more better to look at. Maybe he would be alright this time. 

A/N I wanted to get this done and up and published yesterday, but, well, I have like two tests to revise for this week so I've finished today. It's been like 11 days since I last published, so I really do have to work on my updating schedule. That's a job for next week though. Thank you again for all the votes and comments and everything so yep, bye!