Chapter 20: One Weak Omega

Draco's 1st POV

After lessons, I had gone back to the Room of Requirement, spending my time researching about the Vanishing Cabinet, and other means of accomplishing my task. It was hard, exerting myself and all my magic like that today, but I know I'll try to be more careful. Especially in classes, since I can't trust that people will keep their stupid gossip to themselves. 

I can practically hear the whispers which would ensue, if I fainted in class. 

"Draco Malfoy, the weak Omega."

So sure, maybe it wasn't the best idea to go back to the task, and also push my limits in class, but I definitely don't regret my choice of keeping my glamour up. It's purely common sense. After the way I hear Theo being treated, and a painful encounter with an Alpha at school, I know I've made the right decision. 

It's also tough to drag my feet along the corridors, and I must have stopped at least three times to allow a fresh wave of dizziness pass, but it's alright. I've made good headway with my research and I've done quite a few of the homework assignments given. Not much, but I'll find time. I let my head rest against the cool stone wall, which conceals the entrance to the common room. No one's lingering in the coridor, which is good, because I'm worried of what they'd think.

"Draco Malfoy, the weak Omega." 

I hear footsteps, and the wall slides open, revealing Blaise headed somewhere. He's got a brown bag, flung over his shoulder, and his face falls when he sees me. Did I do something wrong?

Hopefully not, yet I think back at the day, trying to remember if I did something to offend him. After all, Slytherins can keep strong grudges. He doesn't say anything, instead, he pulls up two strong arms, guiding me inside. He keeps his back to where everyone else is seated, hiding me from their views, which I'm grateful for. I rest my head on his shoulder, allowing myself to be weak and limp for this one minute. 

"Draco, are you okay?" he murmurs under his breath, as we sit on the edge of my canopy bed. Blaise walks up to lock the door, giving me time to think about my answer. 

"Draco Malfoy, the weak Omega." 

My voice is strange, and I don't recognise it anymore.It doesn't flow like silk, but it's raspy instead. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Bullshit! You know you're not. You're staying away from us, always going somewhere, lying to us. Tell me the truth!"

He seems genuinely angry. I'm definitely not in the mood, and I'm worried. "How would you know if I was lying?" I try to question smoothly. It comes quite hoarse however, but he doesn't say anything. 

"You lie all the time! You never go to the library or the Lake or the Infirmary, or wherever you say you go. And believe me, I've checked! So that leaves the question, what are you hiding?"

I feel my head start pounding, and I'm scared again. I was given strict orders from the Dark Lord to not let anyone else know about the tasks. "Draco Malfoy, the weak Omega."

"Nothing," I say. 

"You and I both know that's bullshit." His voice is low and angry, and he accidentally let's some of his Alpha pheromones through. I shudder, failing to suppress my horrible Omega reactions. I decide to ignore him, swinging my legs under the duvet. I stare up at the ceiling, as Blaise almost growls, "Do you know how hurt Pansy and Theo are? Do you even care?"

I ignore him once more, which only makes things worse. 

"Fuck you, Draco Malfoy, you little shit." And then he turns and slams the door. I stay fixed in my position, staring up, trying to ignore the tears welling in my eyes. 

"Draco Malfoy, the weak Omega."

A/N Kinda a sad chapter, but oh well. I'm really proud of myself for getting back on track, even if it is only with a short chapter!  Another chapter will be posted on Thursday :)