Chapter 22: Revelations and Relationships

Draco's 1st POV

The next morning at breakfast was tough, and I practically had to drag myself out of bed. Most of Slytherin had already left for breakfast, by the time I could even get to the showers, which was weird but not unexpected. My house often likes to be punctual to almost everything, like the normal aristocrats we were. 

That left me in the plain silence of the common room, as I gathered my books and things for today's horrid classes. I'm still relying in Pansy and Blaise to help me get to where I need to be, even though they probably hate me now. 

When I did manage to get to breakfast, the silence was uninterrupted, which was still very strange. The Great Hall of Hogwarts students around us was a rowdy encounter, and I feel very out of place from the normal hustle and bustle. 

Astoria Greengrass came up to us too, wondering if we'd had a fight, to which Blaise answered a curt, "No." It was all she needed, to leave, with her sister tagging along behind her. Astoria's family was quite close knit with mine, but on some days, she can really get on my nerves. That may or not may be due to the fact that my parents tried to arrange a marriage between me and her, to which we both refused, to teach our families a more modern way of thinking. 

Actually, if she'd never said no in the first place, I probably wouldn't have grown some balls and refused. The Dark Lord, however, was the original person to put the idea into my head. The mere thought of him brings a whole train of thinking that I really want to ignore. Right now, I should be focusing on where and how I should tell my friends about being an omega. I don't want to, but I can't risk losing my friends.

Finally, someone breaks the silence, and when I turn around, I see that it's Pansy. So much for Blaise apologising for what he said. Though, he has a right to do what he did. I have been treating these brilliant friends of mine horribly, and without his push, I wouldn't have planned to tell them about the omega thing. Well, not for real, at least. 

"Blaise, stop staring and Weasley, and eat the damn food!" Pansy exclaims. 

"Why?" he whines. "Draco does it all the time with Scarhead!" 

I almost freeze. Including one in a conversation, instead of socially destroying them, is the Slytherin way of appreciating someone. I've here in Slytherin for so long, that I subconsciously forget about the fight, and start talking back. Our way of thanking them back. 

"Hey, I've never done that!" I exclaim, faking anger.

 "If you really wanna tap Weasley's ass, then you'd better get over there!" Pansy says, and then being shushed by Blaise. 

"Yeah, use our fake flirting tips with him!" I say.

Blaise cries, "Aha! Told you that wasn't all for nothing!"

Theo, who was picking at his food while listening into our conversations, mumbles to Blaise to not forget his Alpha manners, and Blaise promises not to shout at Weasley. 

"Go get him, tiger!" we all shout in unison, which is what we always say when one of us has a crush on someone. Then we all burst out laughing, making heads turn from every single house table. 

I look around at the friends who seem more like family than anyone else has, and suddenly I find myself thinking why I'm so stressed to tell them. They are the ones I've vowed to protect my entire life, and they have (in turn) promised the same. They will accept me, and I'm sure of it. 

We all get up, grabbing our stuff, and going out the Hall. Before we part, however, I ask them to wait a second. 

"Guys," I whisper, "I'm really sorry I've been lying to you. Could you please meet me in the Room of Requirement, tonight?"

"Sure, hun," Pansy replies, and then we head to our classes.

I can do this. I will do this. And I'm proud of myself for being able to do this. I'm not chickening out this time. 

A/N Hey, everyone! As promised, another chapter. I'm trying to develop the stories of the other relationships as I go along, because I have literally no plan for anything. I'm just typing as my fingers gooooo. So, if you want any relationships to happen in this story, now the time's to do it! 

Okay so here's a list of people who don't have an interest in anyone at the moment:

- Pansy

- Hermione

- Neville

- Luna

- Theo

- Crabbe 

- Goyle

- Ginny