Chapter 15: Secrets and Crushes

Harry's 3rd POV

Morning came, and Harry, now feeling sufficiently refreshed, was dragging a half-awake Ron down to the Great Hall.

"It's too early to deal with bullshit lessons," Ron groaned, rubbing his eyes and dragging a hand through his red curls.

"Yeah, well talk to Dumbledore about it next time," Harry retorted, taking his timetable from Hermione. "Usual stuff, Arithmancy, Defence, yadda, yadda yadda, Double Potions? Crap!"

"Deal with it, Harry! Potions isn't half bad once you get the hang of it," Hermione mumbled.

"Double Potions is literal hell, especially with Snape. Harry, pass the toast, mate."

"Yes, but we don't have Potions with Snape, it's with Professor Slughorn. Honestly Ronald, read the timetable!"

"Can't be asked to, what do we have today anyway?" 

"Erm, Charms, Runes, Transfiguration and- Pass me that goblet, will you 'Mione - Ugh, Potions," Harry informed, drinking pumpkin juice out of his goblet. It wasn't coffee, but would suffice as a morning drink. 

Harry scanned the Hall, looking for anything out of the ordinary, when Hedwig swooped in gracefully, dropping today's Daily Prophet on his lap. 

Skimming through the news, and mostly fake gossip by Rita Skeeter, Harry ate breakfast slowly. His secondary-gender needed extra food to keep his body moving, and he wasn't surprised when his plate was empty, and he piled on seconds. 

He almost didn't notice when a blonde Slytherin rushes in, late for breakfast, with only a few minutes to start and finish eating. 

Almost. 

"God, why is he so late?" Harry whispers under his breath. 

"What, who? Malfoy?" Ron shouts into his ear, scaring the living daylights out of Harry.

"Shit, Ron don't do that!" 

"But your face! It was priceless, man!"

"Shut it, Ronald!" 

"Oi! Hey! Don't punch me, my aching body, careful!" 

"Wait, why were you looking over at the Slytherin table?"

Ron spluttered, his face going red. "I- erm, I was...Looking for post! That's it, innocent post."

"Ha, more like checking out Blaise Zabini!"

"Shut up, Harry! He'll hear you!"

"Aww, has lil Won Won got a crush?" Harry teased, ruffling Ron's flaming red hair with his massive hand. 

"Harry Potter, you little-"

"Ron!" Hermione squealed. 

"What?" Ron screeched, in return, throwing his hands around wildly. 

"He's looking at you!" she whispered in his ear, watching as her love-sick friend blushed red.

"Is he really? Omigod, what do I do? Play it cool, smile back? Do I look over? D-do I flirt? Oh Merlin, I can't flirt, Hermione help!" Ron rambled.

Harry chuckled, watching Zabini staring at Ron wildly throw his hands around. His gaze then moved to a hurried Malfoy nudge his friend. When Zabini threw Malfoy an annoyed look, and stalked past him, Harry's eyes met his. 

Harry's eyes narrowed, as Malfoy doesn't mock him or Ron and Hermione. What was going on with him? Was it stress? Or was it his big secret?

He was too desperate to know. 

Trying to keep his prying eyes away from where Malfoy sat, Harry concentrated on the pile of food in front of him. Hedwig, with a nibble on his finger, had dropped his copy of the Daily Prophet on his lap. Eating his breakfast, and skimming the news, Harry kept the corner of his eye focused on Malfoy, and his gang of snakes. The blondie was also eating, silently, which was a first. 

Malfoy really was acting weird lately. 

 After the Slytherins left the Great Hall, Harry brushed past the Gryffindors, just too late to see where they had gone. Damn! He had just missed his chance to follow them. Though it was very unlikely that Malfoy would spill his big secret in such a public place, but a guy could dream.

Walking back to the common room, Harry thought about his new-found stalker-ish obsession. Maybe it was because he knew the Malfoys were in league with Voldemort. 

"Yes, that's it. I want to know if Malfoy's plotting something for Voldemort," he thought. 

Time to find help. Harry was going to expose Draco Malfoy, if it was the last thing he was going to do.  

Heading back to Gryffindor, Harry walked in on the middle of a conversation. 

"-reacting like always." 

It was him. What was he saying? Where was he going?

Sticking to the shadows, Harry tried to follow Malfoy's echoing footsteps, as discreetly as possible. When he came round the edge, Malfoy was gone. 

A/N Awman, the competition was really close, so thank you for the votes and comments on that chapter. Here is the extra long chapter I lined up for y'all (be grateful, but you don't need to be). And before this note it too long, I shall leave. See y'all Thursday!