Sorry

Charlie was in the supply closet, being held by Lefty.

   Elizabeth looked in the supply closet. "Charlie?"

   Charlie moved her head so Elizabeth couldn't see she had been crying. "What?"

   "What's wrong?" Elizabeth asked, concerned.

   "Nothing..." Charlie said. Lefty's face pretty much said 'Lies'.

   Elizabeth crossed her arms and sighed in disbelief. "Come on, if it was nothing, I don't think you would've run off like that."

   "I didn't run off, I walked," Charlie said. 

   "And then you proceeded to hug me and start crying while saying nothing," Lefty finished. 

   "Ugh, it doesn't matter! My point is, why did you just walk away like that? Why were you upset?"

   "Because..." Charlie took a deep breath, trying to calm herself. "I always try to be a good role model... And even if a part of me is constantly second guessing it myself, I'm fine.... But hearing someone else voice my insecurities...."

   Elizabeth gave her a reassuring smile. "You are a good role model! Don't let anyone else get to you."   

   "You don't understand, it's not everyone else! It's myself!" Charlie exclaimed.

   "But what's wrong with yourself?" Elizabeth asked. Charlie stayed silent. "You can tell me anything." Elizabeth continued.

   "No matter what I do... Something always goes wrong..." Charlie said quietly.

   "Not always!"

   "Really? I mean, except for right now, but something is going to go wrong. I have no control. I can't do anything right!"

   "What?! No, don't say that!"

   "It's true..."

   "Okay, it's PARTLY true, but BARELY!"

   "You're just trying to make me feel better..."

    "No I'm not, I'm saying it because it's true."

   Charlie suddenly embraced Elizabeth and Elizabeth returned it.

   Charlie sniffled. "I'm sorry..."

   "No need to be sorry." Elizabeth reassured her.

   "But there is... I piled all my problems on you when you didn't even need to be involved in the first place..."

   "It's okay... Don't feel so guilty..."

   "Okay... Can you not tell Chris about this? Please?" Charlie requested as she let go of Elizabeth.

   "I promise." Elizabeth smiled.

   Charlie wiped away her tears. "Thank you."

   "No problem!"

   Chris sighed. What did he say that was wrong?

   Elizabeth walked back to Chris.

   Chris jerked up when he saw her. "Did she say anything?!" He paused. "...Ow, that hurt my neck..."

   Elizabeth blinked. "Ouch. Well, um, sh-she didn't really t-tell me?"

   "Why are you stuttering?" Chris asked suspiciously.

   "Pfft, no reason!" Elizabeth lied, the bad liar she was.

   Chris laid back down. "So I didn't say anything wrong...?"

   Elizabeth smiled. "Hehe, nope!"

   Chris raised an eyebrow. "Okay..."

   He probably doesn't believe me, but at LEAST I don't have to tell him... Elizabeth thought.

   Chris laid there for a moment and Elizabeth stayed silent.

   ~~~

  Hhhhhhhhh, I KNOW IT'S SHORT BUT IDFC OwO

   Welp yeet meh dudes B)