. Twenty-Three .

True to his word, after the movie was over Cesare did in fact drive me back to St. Magdalene's.

He pulled up to the school and we remained seated in the car.

"Thank you for spending the day with me Cara Mia." He smiled.

"Anytime" I replied giving him my own love struck smile, "I had a lot of fun."

"I'm glad to hear it, how about we see each other tomorrow as well?" He asked. "I mean, it will be the last time we get to see each other before your classes start back up and I have to leave town to go back to work."

The truth suddenly hurt and I ended up scooting just a bit closer to him, he wrapped his arms around me and I sighed, "I don't want to go back to my boring life."

He kissed my hair, "I know."

"I guess I'll meet you at the same coffee house tomorrow around ten in the morning." I offered.

He boldly grabbed my face and we ended up looking at each other for a little while before his eyes traveled down to my lips and then back up to my eyes, he licked his lips and I mimicked his action. The anticipation of feeling his lips against mine for the first time was building to a spectacular crescendo and I could hardly stand the wait any longer, I leaned forward and thankfully he did as well, as soon, our lips touched.

The initial kiss was soft and full of our gentile respect for one another.

But almost as soon as we pulled apart and he saw that I was fine and happy with the kiss, it seemed like he was allowing his pent up emotions to take over, and my own emotions matched his exactly.

His arms went around my middle and instantly I was lifted onto his lap. With one leg on either side of him I took hold of his face this time and tilted my head to the side. This kiss was intense, strong, and full of lust fueled want.

And even though I knew we were losing control (and for once I just did not care) Cesare seemed to still hold on to a shred of his politeness as he firmly kept his hands on my hips and did not let them freely roam like I'm sure he wanted to.

Our innocent kiss had turned into a full blown make out session right in front of the school, that is until someone tapped on his drivers side window.

Startled, we pulled apart to find Luca looking straight at us, a cheeky grin plastered on his face knowingly.

Cesare helped me off of his lap before we both got out of the car.

"Well if it isn't my nephew and Evalina," he sounded accusingly and more than a little amused. "My my are those windows foggy...Cesare, don't your windows seem a bit steamed up to you?"

Cesare growled and I found myself reaching for his hand in an attempt to calm him down. It seemed to work, but of course Luca took note of the small action and his knowing smile stretched even further.

"What are you even doing here Luca?" Cesare sighed.

Luca shrugged, "well seeing as this school is technically on my land that would make me the school's Alpha, or so it seems to say in the old books."

"That doesn't explain what you're doing here." He pointed out.

"Well I thought the school could use a update on their rules."

I looked up at him in utter confusion, why would the school's rules suddenly interest Luca.

"And what are you trying to 'update' uncle?"

Once more he shrugged, "I think it's high time that any students over the age of 18 be allowed to go off campus, as well as stay off campus with their mates as well as their family members."

At this I looked at Cesare, he looked down at me, a small smile playing on his lips.

"I thought you two might like that." He sounded arrogantly. "I'm also going to add that any student may attend any pack functions that she chooses to, that includes parties, mixers, charity events and so on, but that's all I got."

"Could I make a suggestion?" Cesare spoke up.

"Of course, you know I've always valued your input." He seemed to say honestly.

"I think the girls should be allowed to have cellphones, of course they wouldn't be allowed to use them in class, but I think it's a serious safety issue that these girls aren't allowed to have them...imagine if something happened at the school."

He was trying to sell Luca on the phones, but Luca and I both knew He didn't have to do that.

"Of course I'll tell them about the phones." He said warmly, "now Nipote, please tell your sweetheart goodnight and I will gladly walk you inside." Luca said to me now.

Luca began walking up the stairs to give his nephew and I some privacy.

"See you tomorrow?" Cesare asked cutely.

I stepped up on my tippy toes and pulled his neck down until he obliged me by bending down and kissing me once more, this time we kept it simple, "see you tomorrow." I confirmed before stepping away from him.

He sent a wave up at Luca and I knew he was silently telling him thank you.

When I reached Luca he smiled a genuine smile, not one of his smiles that he does when he's attempting to seduce a girl. "You're good for him."

"He's good for me" I acknowledged. "That's what mates are, they are your other half, they bring out the best parts in you and they help you to sort of, grow into who you're truly meant to be."

He nodded silently, for a moment I could swear I saw a glint of sadness.

"I don't think I've ever seen my nephew so happy." He commented.

"Can I ask you a question?"

He looked over at me and smiled once more, "Evalina, you're practically family why do you think I called you Nipote, niece, only a moment ago."

I did recall him saying that but I had assumed he was referring to Cesare as the term also refers to nephew...now that I think about it I suppose he was talking to me.

"Oh," I smiled, he was the first person in Cesare's family who openly knows about Cesare and I and he had fully accepted me. "Do you think you'd ever want to settle down?"

He chuckled but I could tell it was a defense mechanism.

"Everyone's got a mate, it's just a matter of finding her." I pointed out.

He nodded, "and suppose I do find her, what makes you think she will have me?"

I looked over at him, we had long reached the front doors to the school, his question was valid.

"But she'd be your mate, who would openly try and push their mate away?"

He looked at me and held my gaze, "I can think of a few women who wouldn't be too pleased to find out I'm their mate, especially if the girl in question didn't want a mate in the first place."

I felt like he was trying to cryptically tell me something but my mind was too jumbled from the kiss that still lingered on my lips.

The front doors opened and a woman I didn't recognize exited and made her way down the stairs, I knew the discussion was over and we simply made our way inside.