. Six .

The next morning, despite how badly I wished to sleep in, my internal clock just wouldn't allow me to sleep past seven, I rolled over and found Chanel already wide awake as well.

"Mornin' doll." She smiled, "sleep well?"

"Yes." I yawned, "and then I woke up." She chuckled and instantly the smell of fresh coffee and pastries hit my nose. "Guess my mom's still here."

We both got out of the shared queen size bed and I stepped into my slippers while Chanel simply pulled on some thick socks. We talked and laughed as we made our way downstairs and upon entering the kitchen we were faced with my sister Gianna.

My stomach fell as I suddenly halted.

"Good morning little Lina, and you must be Chanel." Gia smiled.

I was unable to talk as guilt suddenly filled my throat, 'is this what life will be like from now on...constantly filled with guilt or hatred whenever I see my own sister?' I wondered sadly.

"Y-yeah I'm Chanel" my best friend said as she stepped forward, filling my awkward silence with her normally cheery self, "Gianna right, I've heard so much about you."

"Please, just Gia, I feel like we're practically sisters."

At that my head snapped up, its one thing to have to allow my sister to continue dating my mate, but it is another thing entirely to just let her steal my bestfriend as well. In that instant I stepped forward and found my voice. "What are you doing here, I thought you were going to be in New York?"

Gianna didn't read too much into my question as she simply went back to the breakfast bar and finished plating the doughnuts and tarts, "well I figured mom would be out and I felt horrible knowing you were going to be here...well I assumed you'd be by yourself but I'm also glad your friend is here to keep you company."

"More like keep me sane." I smiled and instantly stopped as I had realized my slip of words.

Gianna only laughed, "you can say that again, living with mom isn't the easiest thing in the world."

Chanel and I looked at each other with amusement and relief, Gianna assumed I was talking about mom when really I was talking about being around her.

"Either way, I've brought you breakfast sweets or I can pick up something else if you'd like."

I sighed, "we're fine Gia, go back to work, you really don't have to run back here just for me...I'm not the same little girl you remember."

She walked back over to me and embraced me as she looked down at me sweetly, "fine" she sighed then turned to grab her purse. "The fridge is stocked as is the pantry, you girls be safe, and I suppose I'll see you come Thanksgiving."

I had to be honest, knowing she'd be out of town until thanksgiving was relief.

Chanel and I nodded and we then watched her walk to the front door, she put a hand on the knob and then turned around, "Chanel I will let the Alpha know you will be joining us for dinner on Thursday, and seeing as I won't be back in time, Lina do you think you could stop off at the store sometime this week?"

"Sure thing, what do you need?"

She grimaced, "I promised to bake."

Now I laughed, "you can't bake anything to save your life...hell you can't even cook"

"I know" she pouted. "But Cesare's mom is amazing in the kitchen and I really need to win her over, I kind of feel like she's never really liked me."

"Fine, fine" I sighed...the sound of his name being spoken had caused my Wolf to stir and I was filled with agitation knowing it was my sister who spoke it.

"You're the best." She smiled and opened the door.

"Remember that always." I shouted after her. I then turned to face my best friend and found her popping a doughnut hole into her mouth.

"What?" She asked..."tension makes me hungry."

I shook my head and joined her to the breakfast bar.

...

[[ ---Gianna's POV--- ]]

"I'm sorry I'm late." I smiled as I approached the table, I immediately hugged my lunch date and kissed both of his cheeks as a sign of respect,

"Please have a seat," he gestured before taking his own seat. "Wine?"

"Please."

I pulled open the menu as he poured the white wine into my glass, "so tell me my dear, what is this nonsense I'm hearing about Cesare breaking up with you."

I instantly closed the menu and held my composure as a wry smile pulled up at the corners of my mouth, "I can Assure you Alpha, that none of it is worth listening to."

"Are you sure, my son seemed quite adamant about the end of you two last night."

I had to hold back the growl that was growing in my chest, "Cesare wasn't feeling himself last night, but I promise that I will do everything in my power to make sure that your son and I are wed."

"And what if he were to find his mate, then what would come of our plan?"

I laughed, "forgive me alpha, but Cesare would have to actually get out to meet people...we both know he's too consumed in his work to meet his mate."

"See to it that you two are still together Gianna, that alliance with your old pack is very important to me."

I waved my hand in the air nonchalantly, "please, Trent loved me," I confessed as an image of the old pack Alpha's son popped into my head. "I would even bet he still does, he'd do anything I asked of him." I winked.

"You are a dangerous woman Gianna DeLaurentis." He smirked in approval.

"Not dangerous, just clever and driven." I replied yielding my own sardonic smile.