. Twenty .

The next morning Chanel and I went to our favorite coffee shop. The same barista boy was working and actually flirted with Chanel, but she seemed to be sleepy or something as she merely smiled at him instead of flirting back.

We sat and drank our hot beverages and ate the delicious scones.

"I should call and check on Mom and everything back home." I sounded.

"Mmm."

"I mean I left in a bitchy sort of way." I added.

"Of course."

Chanel obviously wasn't listening to me. "And then I think I'll streak and have a brisk stroll about the town." Two guys sitting in a couple of armchairs next to us turned and creepily gave their nod of approval.

"Yeah."

"Chanel!" It got her attention "everything okay?"

"Oh, yeah Lina, just thinking about a lot of stuff, like my dad...I'm sorry I didn't ever mention who my father was before."

I brushed her words off. "You know I don't care about any of that... but if he's on your mind then you should call him." I suggested.

"I've really disappointed him over the years Lina...Back then I skipped school, purposely went against pack rules and I wasn't exactly chaste or discreet and he hated it." She spoke, the words were said to me but it seemed as if she was talking more to herself. "I can't disappoint him again, if he found out...i don't even know what he'd do."

She was actually on the verge of tears.

"Hey, you haven't done anything bad lately" I assured her.

She looked at me as if for the first time today and she gave me a small smirk as she shook her head, "sorry, I must be getting ready to start or something...I'm usual not this emotional."

"Wait...I thought you started back at my moms?"

She made a face of guilt. "...you know I hate grocery stores."

I smiled at my lazy friend nodded, "you should call your father anyways, I'm sure he'd love to hear from you."

"Yeah," she said before reaching into her purse. "I'll be right back" she announced as she retrieved the cell phone.

. . .

[[--- Chanel's Point of View ---]]
.
.
.

I excused myself and followed Evalina's advice, I quickly found his number and then placed the phone to my ear.

"Office of Garland Addams."

I recognized the voice and couldn't help but smirk. "Little Roman Piles"

"Chanel Addams" he chuckled, then he dropped his voice to that of a whisper "I wasn't so little last time we saw each other."

His words brought up the memory of the night I slept with my dads assistant, I had been mad about my dad announcing that he was going to get remarried...of course it was all a bust as he ended up ending the engagement a couple of months later and my father never found out about Roman and I, making it a moot point.

"Aren't you bold, to be bringing something like that up in my fathers office." I said.

"He's in a meeting, so he isn't paying too much attention to me."

"Oh, then I guess I'll call back, I was actually calling to talk to him." I filled him in.

"Oh no, what've you done now?" He chuckled.

It made my heart race, but it was due to the fact that I HAD actually done something, I went and not only broke his number one rule for me here (don't talk to Luca Minicci), but I had gone and found my mate in him.

"Chanel, you still there kid?"

"Uh yeah." I sounded.

"Hold on, i'll ring you through to your dad."

I nodded, although of course he wouldn't see it.

"Chanel?"

My voice stuck in my throat, "h-hey poppa."

"Is everything alright my girl?"

His sweet words struck me straight in the heart, how I missed my father and even more so, my grandfather.

"I-I..."

I couldn't tell him, no not yet at the very least. I mean from the man I met yesterday I couldn't hardly even think about being with him and therefore I probably shouldn't even burden my dad with this news.

"I just missed you poppa."

"Well I always miss you Chanel, I'm rather busy at the moment but perhaps you can come home soon, you know my birthday is coming up."

"Of course, I'll be looking forward to it, and can bring my best friend?"

"No doubt" he chuckled softly.

"I'll let you get back to work then poppa."

We said our "I love you's" and "goodbyes." I hung up and turned to reenter the coffee shop.

"Chanel?"

I had caught his eye before he even called out for me. "Cesare" I smiled, "how lucky to have run into you."

He gave me a kind hug and the standard kiss on the cheek. "I was hoping to run into Evalina, perhaps prolong my time with her."

"You risk taker." I teased him, "she's just in there." I told him.

He smiled and thanked me before going inside. I knew the two would soon be making plans to spend the day together and I thought I had better make myself scarce before Evalina began to feel guilty and try and include me.

I don't wish to be the third wheel.

I made my way through the small town and resigned to begin looking for a gift for my father.

As I strolled the streets I looked through various windows and examined the mass selections, but one store drew my interest more than the others.

There was nothing completely outstanding about this ordinary shop, but my legs moved forward and I followed. I entered the shop and went in search of ties, as my father once said "I can never have too many ties." He favored patterned ties and on very rare occasions a bow tie would suffice.

But as I reached the ties something to the left of the store called for my attention. I walked over, passed the few dressing rooms and saw the case of watches.

A watch would definitely be a much superior gift, and I know my father would appreciate it more.

I turned to call over a salesman when suddenly my arm was jerked roughly and I found myself being pulled into one of the small dressing rooms.

"Hello pussycat."