. Twenty-Nine .

After getting settled into Chanel's home I called Cesare to let him know I wouldn't be in Sparrow Grove. I suppose it really didn't matter, as he's back home himself, but still I felt the need to tell him.

"Well then Cara Mia," he said, I could practically see the smile on his handsome face as I closed my eyes and continued to listen to him speak "I look forward to the party now, of course, I'll only be there for one reason."

"To look at the girls?" I teased.

"I only have eyes for one particular beauty."

"Well now I'm jealous" I continued.

He chuckled softly, "Cara Mia, there isn't a day that you should ever have to feel jealous of anyone, to me, every other female is of a lesser caliber than my precious mate."

I couldn't tease him further, his words had struck an emotional cord within me and now I was longing to be with him, "I miss you" I nearly whispered.

"Cara Mia, you can't even fathom the amount I wish I were with you right now, also my wolf is a little conflicted knowing you are in a house with other males...unmarked."

At that my whole body flushed.

The sheer thought of Cesare marking me was a very steamy thought I've had on more than one occasion.

"I-I should go Amore Mio," I said, my chest rising and falling heavily with my want for him, "I actually should be getting ready for dinner, but I can not wait until you are here tomorrow night."

He sighed heavily before wishing me a good evening and then finally hanging up.

Unfortunately I didn't have time to curl my hair or anything so I pulled it up into a tame updo. Chanel soon let herself into my designated room.

Already dressed, she looked gorgeous in a floor length emerald gown, much more tame than the dresses I've seen her wear but flattering none the less. She happily did my makeup before I got dressed.

"You okay Chanel?"

Although we were here in her home and she seemed happy, I could help but notice that she would go a little spacey, as if thinking of something that made her slightly sad. This happened on a few occasions.

One of them was right now.

She looked up at me and put on a pretty smile, "yeah, Evalina I'm great, I'm home with everyone I love the most in the world, you, grand poppy and my dad, not to mention the amazing party that's gonna take place tomorrow."

I nodded and soon we were walking down the grand staircase and into the foyer where three suited men awaited us.

Alpha Garland Addams.

Grand Poppy.

And a rather handsome man whom I have yet to meet.

"Don't you ladies look lovely this evening." Alpha Addams sounded. "Evalina dear, as our most welcome guest please allow me to be your escort to dinner."

I bowed my head ever so slightly and smiled, "I would be honored sir."

"Now" he smiled "I would like to introduce you both to my new friend, Alpha Vincent Romero, Vincent this is Miss Evalina DeLaurentis, not only is she a great friend of my family's, she is also the mate of Cesare Minicci, son of Giovanni Minicci, who will be joining us tomorrow evening."

The man named Vincent looked older than Cesare, I suppose you could say he was near Luca's age. He was the quintessential tall dark and handsome gentleman as he lifted my hand and placed a chaste kiss on the back of it.

"Evalina." He acknowledged before I (as politely as I could) smiled and removed my hand from his.

"And THIS, is my beautiful daughter Chanel, Chanel my dear, allow me to introduce you to Vincent Romero."

I watched on as the two of them stepped forward and her father stepped back proudly, he was definitely playing match maker and I totally had to approve, point one for alpha Addams.

"It is such a pleasure to have finally met you Chanel, your father has told me such wonderful things about you and I must confess Garland," he said as he looked over to alpha Addams. "You failed to describe how beautiful your daughter truly is." He smiled.

His smile was one that could stop traffic as dimples ended each side of his perfectly set and pristinely white teeth.

Gentleman- check
Good looking- check
Charming- check

"It would give me great satisfaction of you would allow me to be your escort to dinner hermosa."

Chanel blushed deeply before ultimately nodding, he too picked up her hand and kissed it before we were shown into the dinning room and seated to eat.

I watched as Chanel held onto his arm, then he held her hand so she could sit before he helped her with her chair.

Polite- check
Chivalrous- check
Foreign language- bonus points

Dinner went well. The food was delicious, then again I'd expect nothing less from alpha Addams. Chanel and Vincent really seemed to hit it off as well, the two of them spoke non-stop through out dinner.

Soon the night was ending and grand poppy excused himself.

Not wanting to linger as well as give Chanel and Vincent some alone time together I too called it a night after thanking Alpha Addams once more and then bidding Vincent a good night (apparently he was staying the night as alpha Addams' guest).

After I had pulled all of the bobby pins from my hair and stepping out of my dress, I pulled on some pajamas and braided my hair to the side before I washed my face.

Once I finished up I got into the bed and smiled, I felt just like a disney princess in this spectacular room.

About twenty minutes later a small knock sounded before Chanel let herself in and she crawled into bed with me.

"How'd things go with Vincent?" I asked as calmly as I could.

"He asked me to be his date to the party."

The lights were off and I was laying on my back looking up at the ceiling, but I knew she's been grinning from ear to ear.

"He seems kind of perfect." I sounded.

She sighed in an almost sad fashion, "he does, of course I agreed to be his date but..."

I knew she wanted to tell me something, but I also know her well enough not to push her to speak, so I remained silent.

"I know my father will more than likely expect me to date Vincent."

"From what I saw tonight, Vincent seemed interested in you."

"He did" she agreed.

"Are you not interested in him?" I asked carefully.

"From what I can tell, he seems like a stand up guy, one that I would be stupid not to date."

I knew deep down that there was something else bothering her, "Chanel, you are my best friend and all I want is to see you happy and you know that if you ever need to talk, I will always be right there for you, to listen and give you whatever advise I can."

"I know, and I love you for that Lina...we should get some sleep, wouldn't want bags for tomorrow."

And just like that all conversation stopped, but I knew this wouldn't be the end...Chanel was keeping something from everyone and I only hoped that this cross wasn't too big for her to bear alone.

. . .

A/N:

Alpha Garland Addams- Kevin Mckidd
Alpha Vincent Romero- William Levy