. Thirty-Four .

{Cesare's Point of View}
.
.
.

It was hard to concentrate but I listened as Beverly spoke.

Apparently she knew Gianna's father from high school and the two had dated, like most couples, (even Weres) they thought they loved each other and felt like they were going to be mates, so they had sex. When they shifted however, they found that they were not mates but still loved each other so they continued to see each other.

When Beverly found her true mate (Francis) it was a little too late as she was already had a child. But as mates go, he accepted her anyways and promised to care for the child, and much to Beverly and Francis' dismay... Gianna's father fought for custody.

Gianna grew up in between a heated custody battle, this meant she also grew up knowing that Francis was not her real father. In the end Beverly had to settle for split custody, but the child would be raised primarily by her.

Gianna was in between houses and when Beverly had Evalina she hated to see how much Beverly and Francis loved the baby.

"She used to pick on her," Beverly sounded sadly. "She would take her dolls away, purposely make fun of her, and once I even caught Gianna pulling her hair just so she would cry."

I hated hearing that my mate had to grow up in such a bad environment. I wasn't privileged to have any siblings, but even I knew older siblings (while they may pick on you here and there) are suppose to ultimately look out for you help you when they can.

Beverly continued speaking so I listened on as she told us of Francis' death, she took it hard (as any mate would) "and what made it worse was knowing I had to send my daughter away."

"What?" Chanel asked.

Beverly nodded, "I love my Evalina deeply, and it nearly killed me to have to send her away, you have to remember that she was all I had left of Francis...but I was in no state to care for her properly, so I used the money that came from Francis' life insurance and enrolled her into St Magdalene's."

Chanel shook her head silently.

"I was in a bad place and couldn't bring myself to take Evalina to the school, I knew if I went I wouldn't let her stay, and she deserved a chance at a normal and happy life...something I couldn't give her at the time, so Gianna agreed to take her...of course she would, she was finally getting rid of the girl who in her eyes stole my heart."

"One weekend when Charles came to pick up our daughter Gianna that's when he saw the state I was truly in, I was utterly destroyed from the death of my husband and the loss of my daughter...he took me in alongside our daughter. He raised her when I couldn't and was there for me as a friend. It was Charles who finally got me to move back to my old pack after many many years of persuasion. I have to admit that it was indeed a sound decision as I finally let go of Francis in the proper way." She smiled.

"He helped me get a job, and then I took it upon myself to sell the house and moved Gianna and I over there permanently...I did all of this because I knew I was finally able to be the kind of mother that both of my daughters deserved, and this way I would be close enough that Evalina could finally visit."

Chanel randomly began laughing.

We all looked at her and she explained herself.

"Evalina always told me that it was her sister that paid for her tuition by working multiple jobs, and that you both didn't love her enough to visit her...if only she were here now."

"But...why are you laughing?" The hispanic man (Vincent) asked.

"I should have known there was no way a young teenager could have multiple jobs...and if she did they would be jobs that don't exactly pay enough to send a girl to an elite private school for ten years."