Party Girl (Part 2)

There had been occasional times where people would stare at her while she was out, as her eyes were so distinctive, even behind the Black Lives Matters mask she was using as Personal Protective Equipment. The pandemic had brought about so many people spending extra time at home, was what brought her popularity to a rise in such a short time.

She felt she had to be ever ready to leave the house. Thankfully, the mask mandate's allow her to enjoy her celebrity with a touch of anonymity. There were times the guys on the other side of the counter of a convenience store would recognize her eyes and hair. This is what prompted her most recent hair color change. Nick assumed it was the grief that begged the question of the hair change to green.

The problem of it all for Violet, was the need to always be on point, always be in the scene, and always talking online. Her friendliness with her fans online related to genuine bonds between Violet and her following. It was almost like she got off on being approachable online, because she refused to be in public, without trusted backup or social camouflage.

Not all of Violet's followers were kind, though the vast majority, were just lonely and appreciative of her ability to give of herself. Even if it wasn't to them, at least someone was making her happy, was the general vibe among the most vocal. This went for Nick's adoration as well. He had a handful of complimentary comments on their videos.

Nick was getting many calls to work with him. He wished Charlotte still worked for him sometimes to field all the new women who wanted to be the next Star. It certainly made him feel good about himself. Feeling wanted, felt nice, but feeling wanted by Violet, that's what he lived for!

After talking it all out, Violet suggested April 3rd as the debut date for the new live-streaming technology; and her return to work from bereavement leave. No one had seen her with the green hair yet, so they needed to come up with a fun role play adventure to give reason to their plays, beyond their own enjoyment, of course.

With Easter coming, they didn't know if they should go with bunnies or something sacrilegious. Maybe both, since they have the whole day and night together. Their brainstorming session was fun, but because of the weather, Violet just wasn't feeling it during the day. It was a light migraine. Enough to throw her off her game, but not enough to debilitate her.

Nick saw her take something, and then she suggested, "Can we go get some food? I need to eat something so my headache medicine doesn't upset my stomach."

"Yeah, this was a good brainstorming session, but scheduling sex, really isn't getting me there." Nick agreed. Violet smiled in understanding. "That whole "April 3rd" thing, did make it feel like a chore."

"How about a date? Let's go get food, and maybe see a movie? Popcorn, candy, the works!" Nick was already looking forward to it.

"We should take care of Panni first." Violet remembered. Nick nodded in agreement. So they went and did all the things, but the diner was closed so they had to just go home to cook. Until they then got up to the movie theater and remembered that the pandemic closed everything. So they drove around, looking for something to do. There was nothing. The city of Philadelphia, was on lockdown.

Now, they already knew this, but they hadn't gone out much to do anything, dealing with Violet's grief. This left them unaware of the full brunt of reality around them, until today. They were inside by choice, until now. Nick's money was burning a hole in his pocket. He just wanted to show his girlfriend a good time, but there wasn't one to be had.

When they get home again, the dog is excited to see them. After petting Pandora, Nick notices Violet take another pill. He guesses her headache must be getting worse. The rest of the afternoon, Violet just seems, out of it, distant, like she's not even there, and worse than when her mom first passed.

Violet wasn't usually so quiet, unless Nick was telling a story, her mouth was always going. It was part of her charm, and Nick loved the company. Her youthful energy kept him feeling young. Lately, she was so quiet. He missed the mature, yet exciting young woman she used to be. Although he also understood, she had a rough run lately.

At this age, Nick understood there was more to love than just the fun feelings. Sometimes it took real effort. Nick wondered if Violet understood that yet, as he held her close.