Close My Eyes (Part 4)

https://youtu.be/s5rtxcogEsU

It's 3:45am and Violet's alarm blares it's hideous noises, dragging her back into waking consciousness. She turned it off, and closed her eyes again. "No wait, did I hit snooze?" She checked her phone, "No, she had turned it off, and so, can not sleep any more, or take the chance of missing out on $1500, and getting laid!" Violet's excitement was obvious. Her cheeks were flushed from embarrassment and anxiety.

She quickly set the temperature for her shower and got under the steaming water. She had not been this excited since she was showering for her first boyfriend, when she seduced the shy boy into taking her virginity. Strawberry scent filled the room as she shampooed and lathered up her pale skin. She made sure to be extra careful as she shaved her armpits and legs. She considered shaving her pussy and decided against it.

After the shower she brushed and blow dried her hair. It was pink and looked as silky as it felt, thanks to using a lot of conditioner. She then brushed her teeth, making sure to also scrape her tongue with the brush and ensure her breath smelled nice.

She put on makeup, with a lot of dark eyeliner and she further outlined and filled in cats eyes on the sides. "Violet's eyelids needed something special, 'but what?' she asked herself." She looked down at the pallet, then back at her eyes, and back at the pallet again. "Violet had every color to work with, maybe she should use them all?" So that's what she did, she made a rainbow, over each eyelid. Red to purple in 6 colors on the left and then reversed like a mirror, on the right. "Finally, Violet finished her makeup, by putting on her sexy red lipstick. Damn she looked fine!" She looked at herself in the full length mirror one last time before dressing.

Violet saw the time and decided to break out into a little smoke break to keep her nerves settled. The next thing she knew, it was 25 minutes later and she had to get moving.

She brushed her teeth again and put on perfume. "Mentally, Violet was ready to go, which was appropriate, being naked." She stuck her tongue out at herself in the mirror and got up to get dressed.

Over the weekend, in debating herself a million times, she ended up, asking her mother to borrow her white sundress. While it was a size too large, it did give her an air of professionalism which she sincerely wished to bring to this interview. Anything to make her not be rejected. It was the one thing that scared her the most, next to being successful.

Violet left her home, and hit the road. She had written down directions from her computer, since her phone was broken. It was an oddly familiar path she took, as it happens to be the same route she used to go to the end of the rainbow the day she broke up with Tee.

"Violet couldn't believe it. There it is, the park, she was at with the rainbows. She turned and there was the place she was going to go to for her interview. What the fuck!? How is this happening? Please tell me I don't have to fuck the leprechaun to get his gold... that wasn't any part of the deal I ever heard of..." the narration became a stream of consciousness that spewed from her, as the irony took full effect upon her mind.

She stops and takes a breath. Violet closes her eyes and more slowly takes her next breath. And another. And another. This began to rattle her in a way that made her want to go home. "Or is this just an excuse to run, but then no gold." Her self-awareness kicked in as she reminded herself why she got out of bed this morning.

She remembered how her life had had strange synchronicity before, but this was one for the record books. "What were the odds?" She steeled her nerves with this wild information, and didn't let her anxiety take hold. Violet moved with purpose from that moment on.

She pulled out her bag and pumped a mist of perfume in her general direction while sitting in the car still, then rolled up the windows and turned it off. Getting out of the car, felt effortless. As did the walk from it to the door. "Let's do this." She said with determination, opened the door, and entered the studio office.