This is Me Breaking Up with You (Part 2)

Violet saw her car parked in front of her house. Even as soaked to the bone as she was, she didn't care about that, now. Violet began narrating her life, again, "She just got in her car, and chased the end of the rainbow, just because she could." She put on her safety belt and drove many more blocks, than she had walked, the whole time, moving closer to the mystical end of the rainbow she had always wished to lay under after a storm. It had led to a park. There were buildings around, but none so tall it blocked the sun's rays from bouncing off the water vapor in the air. "Violet gets out of her car and looks around for the pot of gold. It had to be somewhere nearby, she joked as she lit up a cigarette and put her sunglasses on her head. She leaned back on the car fender. Enjoying the view all around her. The colors were magnificent. They just seemed to float all around her."

As her cigarette got near the end, she saw the colors fade. "And still no pot of gold." She kept looking around. Hoping...

Just trash, needles, trees, some buildings behind her across the street... Nothing. Just the normal mess, that is Penn Treaty Park.

She put out her cigarette and put the butt in a pouch she had bought that was designed to carry such waste. Violet got back in her car, put on her safety belt, and drove home.

When she got there, she used the old house phone to call Tee. When he answered, "Violet? When did you go home." He was confused. "Tee, I like you, I thought I loved you, but I didn't." He interrupted, "Vi-" she cut him off, "No Tee. I need you to listen to me! I'm not trying to be rude, but you need to hear this! I've been gone for like over an hour and you didn't even notice. That speaks volumes about us, Tee. All you do is play games with your friends, who's girlfriends all hate me, and I'm just over it. I'm young, and I want to have fun. I don't want to sit in your parent's basement any more!" He tried to speak again, "No! I'm done. We aren't getting married, right?" He said nothing. "We're not having kids?" Nothing. "Why would I want to go on like this?" Tee didn't have an answer. On his end of the line was complete silence.

"OK then. From here on out, you do you, Tee. I'm out. I'm done. We are through. This is me, being of sound mind and body, saying I am breaking up with you. If you see me around campus, just leave me alone, I need to be me for a while." and then Violet hung up the phone.

She was standing in a self made puddle on her kitchen floor. So she went upstairs to the linen closet, grabbing an old faded beach towel and a nice fluffy newer towel. "Violet took the old towel back down stairs and dried up the mess she made while breaking up with Tee. She had to say this one out loud to remind her, today, was real."

After wiping up she used the towel to walk out of the room to not make a mess any further. Violet then went to her room, turned on her computer, and finally, Spotify. The computer was the last gift her father had given her, before he died. It was a decade old, but it still, slowly, performed everything she needed.

Her favorite band had always been her go to, especially when she wasn't feeling great. "Violet was having many mixed feelings about today, as she got out of her wet clothes and dried her naked ass with the nice fluff towel." She made a motion that would have looked like she was doing the Twist if the towel wasn't there. She looked at herself in the full length mirror. Her pink hair was a stark contrast to that of the dark auburn hair of her eyebrows and pubic region. Her hazel eyes had strong flecks of both green and brown, but they were just a little larger than the rest of her face would seem to support.

Violet's eyes were her most compelling feature, which she had used before to make herself look like various anime characters. Some of her Cosplay were better than others, Alita was an easy option, last year at Halloween. She had a sweater that was much like the one Alita wore in the film. Her short stature, pale skin, and light freckles were clearly inherited by her from her mom.

"Violet went to her closet and pulled out her Harley Quinn pajamas and put them on, feeling like her own 'Fantabulous Emancipation' had just occurred. In spite of feeling exhausted and not having blown up a toxic chemical factory."

Although.... the night is young, and a public relationship status change does still seem to be in order."

Violet unplugs her computer and brings it to her bed with her. She hops on Facebook, and in less than a minute, announced to the world that she was a free woman. She was excited and hopeful about the rest of her life.

She also thought of the .GIF of the hot dogs being shot at a woman's face. It made her smile in a way that was both silly and sexy.

There, it was done. "I'm now single. No explanations to the world, just, me, being free."

Violet yawned. It was only 7:33pm. She felt like it 2 or 3 in the morning, so she laid down, put her laptop on standby, by closing it down, and hugged her body pillow tight, while she closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep.