Pure (Part 2)

Nick could tell Violet either wasn't feeling like herself today, or, she was, and this is just how she is sometimes. "Hi Crystal, can we get our usual booth?" Violet asks. There was a look of recognition, and then a huge smile. "Sure Honey. Anything for you two." Crystal exclaims and leads them to it.

They sit and order coffee. Nick is the first to speak. "So, obviously, you'll be staying over tonight. First off, let me tell you how sorry I am I didn't ask you sooner."

"Violet accepts Nick's apology." She says.

Nick caught that, she's worried about what he'll say next. "Who would you like to meet?"

"I don't know, like, who's your best friend?"

Nick felt weird, he would normally have said Dinah, but ... there was a lot to unpack.

"My best friend and I haven't spoken since I told her about the business. At first she was all 'Sure Nick, go for it!' Then when I did, she tried to make me feel bad about it, feel bad about being with someone exactly like you." He laid it all out to Violet while they waited for food. She said she understood. "So Dinah thinks doing porn with an 18 year old is a bad idea and tried to make you feel ashamed for it?"

"Basically. Yeah. That's it in a nutshell." Nick adds, "The rest of my friends would just be annoyed we can't meet at a bar." Nick felt bad about saying that last part. He knew it could offend Violet, as it might have offended him, were he, in her position.

Crystal brings them their food and they eat in relative silence. When done, Nick pays and as they wait for him to sign for the corporate card.

"Also, I don't have a dog." Nick admits.

"Guess you'll have to fix that, huh?" She offers as a solution, as Violet smiles for the first time today.

Nick gives a knowing grin and eye roll at the same time. Crystal returns. He signs with a $100 tip. Crystal thanks them again and leaves the side of the table. "Yea, puppies!" Violet exclaims.

***

As they leave, she looks up the directions to the local pound. They drive there and go inside. Looking at all the animals for the next 20 minutes was fun. There were plenty of good choices. In the end, they felt that the rusty haired and curious cocker spaniel was the right choice. She was already housebroken as she was 3 years old already. Her name was Pandora. Nick saw Violet give the pooch a big hug and they looked up at him from the floor. He knew at that moment, this dog was the one. It was the big floppy ears and the chunk taken out of one of them. The sympathy was written all over Violet's face, for the poor lonely animal.

Nick wrote out a large donation check and the people in the facility thanked him for it and processed the paperwork for Pandora immediately. Nick joked out loud about how quick they were, "They just don't want me to change my mind."

"You wouldn't dare, you're a father now!" She said with a silly seriousness, as she picked up her new dog for a hug, and to carry her to the car. Pandora laid her head on Violet's chest. There was an endearing quality to the whole scene. He felt like Violet was testing him. Seeing if he'll make a good father. He not only didn't mind, but felt like he was passing the test.

***

Twenty minutes later, they were at a pet supply store. Violet carries Pandora in without a leash. The three of them find one they like and put it on her to walk the rest of the store. Nick steps away to go find food. When he returns, he sees Violet trying on collars for herself, along with picking out a couple choke chains. Nick almost dropped the bags when he saw how cute she looked in such submissive accessories.

He kisses her forehead. Violet looks up at Nick in thanks and loving affection. Nick then takes the two, now very heavy bags of food to the counter, while she takes their new dog to the aisle with the bowls and toys. They find a nice little starter box, which Pandora begins to chew on and rip open. "Get that out of your mouth Panni!" Violet scolds her.

At the end of their shopping, they had a few extra items, which Violet was looking forward to using with Nick, but wouldn't be doing that today. On their drive home, the dog pees in the car. Nick pulls over, strips off his suit and tie, then his shirt. The shirt he then uses as a towel to wipe up the dog's mess. He was not happy about it, and drove right to a car detail shop. Violet hadn't seen him this upset before, it started to make her feel upset too.

Violet was on the verge of tears. She could tell, he was just mad about the situation, and not actually at her, but she also knew his car was worth a house, and he had only gotten it recently. She was surprised he was not directing his anger at her, or the dog. But he was about to scream, about the situation.

When they arrived, Oliver only saw one thing. "Hey man, you can't come in here without a shirt on... Oh Christ, Nick, it's you, how ya'been? Are you OK?"

"I'm fine man, it's the car, and I'd like to introduce you to," he pauses, and turns to Violet, "the new star in my life, Violet." Oliver knew right away what Nick meant. That she was the star his whole world revolved around. Violet hears that she is only a "new porn star", not necessarily someone he cares about.

Oliver was always a bit intense, "Hi Violet, it's nice to meet you! What brings you two crazy love birds into my shop today? You didn't crash the Bentley did you?" Nick smiled and said, "No, we did just adopt a dog though... " Violet offered, as Oliver comes around and shakes hands with Violet and Pandora. "OH! I didn't know she could do that. Aren't you a smart puppy?" Violet asks Pandora, who doesn't reply with anything more than more panting.

Oliver goes back behind his desk and pulls out a spray bottle and clean towels. Everyone goes back outside and Nick gets his suit coat back on. In a few minutes, the stain remover had done its job. Nick hugged his friend and asked what he owed him. "Stop! You got Charlotte a job so she can pay herself through college. I was only joking that night, I had no idea you hired her, until I saw her the other night at Jack's."

"Uh, thanks. I don't mind ..." Nick tries to insist.

"Stop, get out of here, go enjoy your day with your new family Nick, it looks better on you than that suit." Oliver laughs at Nick on his way back inside. "It was nice to meet you Violet."

"You too." she replies.