My Consequence (Part 1)

The next day, they made love all evening at Violet's request. Their clothes were thrown all over the room. There in the dark, they reacted like chemicals when they locked eyes. Violet's wild side came out again, so much so, Nick had to hold her down, just to catch his breath. The drops of sweat poured from them both as they came together, with his fingers locked in her hair.

Her energy had returned, the spark of life that was what made Violet shine, was back. Nick could see it in her. She got up and up and used the restroom. On her way back she danced around the room in only her panties and the moonlight. Nick watches her and smiles, it makes him so happy to watch her move that he laughs.

Misunderstanding, she blushes and covers herself with his hoodie. She dies a little inside thinking of Eugene asking her about who it belonged to, and starts to tear up in the chair.

"What's the matter, Vi?"

"If I say too much, it's my consequence." She was not herself again, that fast, darkness had cloaked her soul.

"What are you talking about?"

"It's my fault your business got destroyed."

"Vi, what are you talking about? It was some crazy guy who wanted to kill us because we weren't good Christians. That's what the police concluded. You need to not blame yourself."

"But that's not who killed them." Violet cried, "I did it to them."

Nick smiles in confusion. "What do you know that the feds and cops don't know? Did you become The Hulk with a gun?"

"Can you kiss me, one more time like you love me?" Violet requests, like it was her last supper before being executed by the state. Nick doesn't hesitate. He kisses her deeply and passionately, not having a clue what she was about to say. When they finished making out, they had both forgotten what they were talking about. Then it hit her, and she spoke.

"I paid a hitman to kill you." She looked in his eyes as she said, so he would know that she was being truthful. He sat back on the floor, looking at her. He got up, and sat on the bed. His mind was racing as fast as her heart.

He looked at her. She was scared, like he was going to cut her throat. He then lunges at her.

She flinches like she's going to die in the next few seconds, but nothing could be further from the truth. He began to kiss her, her eyes were wide, with an expression of, "Is this really happening?"

Nick had never thanked anyone so much before in his life. "You aren't mad, that I tried to kill you?"

He thought about it. "I guess I should be, but after how it all worked out.... I just ... I just can't. I just have this overwhelming feeling of gratitude. You don't know the burden you lifted from my heart. Aiming at me or not, you took out targets that deserved what they got."

"She still feels a kind of way.... that she doesn't understand or like."

"Even when you are wrong, you are right. I forgive you, and I thank you for doing what I couldn't."