Chapter 2: Questions

|Briana|

"Mama, you okay?" Jr asked, coming into the kitchen. Jr had grown up to look exactly like Chris

"I'm fine." I stated simply. I hated that I had to lie to Jr., but I really wasn't fine. My marriage was falling apart, and it might be too late for me to stop it from falling apart.

"Alright, well I'm gonna go play some ball." Jr. said and walked outside towards the basketball court. Although Jr. was only ten years old, he played basketball like a pro.

I continued to stand at the island. I was supposed to be cooking dinner, but there was so much things on my mind.

"Briana." Chris called.

I looked up and all the events at the session flashed in my mind again. Just as I tried to walk away, Chris grabbed my arm. "Baby, I didn't mean it like that."

"Chris, I don't care." I said as I walked upstairs to our bedroom with Chris right behind me.

"Briana, this is why we're always fuckin' arguing!" He yelled once we were in the room. He slammed the door shut, and started throwing stuff around the room. "You never listen to shit I have to say! If you would stuff assuming stupid shit all the fuckin' time, we would have to go to that damn counselor if the first fuckin' place."

"Calm down." I said.

"Fuck all of that calm shit, Briana! I'm tired of being calm, I've been calm for 13 years, while you assuming shit. You're the reason our marriage is like this, because you don't let me explain shit!"

"Well, explain then, Chris." I said sitting down on the bed, ignoring the fact that he just said I was the reason that our marriage was falling apart.

"I didn't write anything on the paper because I couldn't think of the right words to say. I love almost everything about you, I didn't know where to start."

I was a little upset that that was all he had to say. But I learned over the few years, I've learned that I jump to conclusions often and I get angry over the most ridiculous things. Now I'm realizing that now is one of those moments when I got upset of something that wasn't worth me getting angry over.

"I'm sorry, Chris."I said. I wanted to show some type of affection towards him, but its been so long, that I know it'll feel weird for the both of us. "Can I hug you?" I asked.

Having to ask my husband if I could hug him had to be one of the most comfortable feelings that I've ever had.

Chris and I hugged. The feeling that he gave me was like I had butterflies in my stomach; a feeling that I haven't felt in ages.

~~~

"Okay, so to avoid what happened in our last session, I'm just going to ask you both a couple of questions and you just respond honestly, then we'll talk about your answers." Dr. Morano said and we nodded. "Do you love your spouse?"

"Yes." We said at the same time.

"Do you want a divorce?"

"No."

"Have you ever thought about cheating on your spouse?"

The question threw me off-guard because I didn't think that she would ask us anything like that. There have been multiple times that I wanted to cheat on Chris, but I know it would only destroy our marriage.

Chris and I looked at each other, before speaking at the same time once again. "Yes."

"Have you ever cheated on your spouse?"

I replied with a 'no', while Chris said 'yes'.

Dr. Morano put her clipboard down and began to speak. "Chris would you like to explain?"

I knew Chris had cheated on me a long time ago, but I wasn't sure if he had done it since we've been married.

I listened as Chris told the story of him cheating on me when we were young.

"Okay. When's the last time you two had sex?" Dr. Morano asked.

I wasn't comfortable with expressing my sex life with her. Even if I was comfortable with telling her that, I would be able to tell because I don't even remember the last time.

"Why?" I asked.

"Having sex relieves stress." She stated. "I'm not ordering to have sex, but it's just a suggestion."

I wasn't sure when Chris and I would have sex again. We don't even sleep in the same bed most of the time, so sex isn't even an option. Sex is something that we would have to slowly progress to.

The rest of the session went by smoothly, and Chris and I drove home in silence.

Silence seemed to be the only thing that goes on between us, if we aren't arguing.

When we arrived home, Chris and I went our separate ways. I really want to talk to him about this sex idea. I didn't want to give into having sex with him too soon, but I can't pleasure myself the way that he can.

I looked down at my watch, noticing that it was time to pick up the kids from school.

I walked upstairs to notify Chris that I was going to pick up the kids and he never even acknowledged me. He just continued texting on his phone.

I don't know what to do, I can't take this silence between us anymore.

~~~

Sorry for the boring chapter.

What do you think about Chris and Briana?

Comment.

Vote.

Follow.