Chapter 17: Where We Needed To Be

|Briana|

"But I don't want to mommy." Caelin pouted.

"Caelin, we have to. We can't stay here forever." I explained.

"I'm staying." He crossed his arms and sat down on the bed.

I sighed. Caelin always did some stuff like this, and I didn't have time for it today. I put down my suitcases and picked up Caelin. "No mommy!" He screamed. Walking out of the hotel room, Caelin and I caught a lot of stares due to his loud temper tantrum. I walked outside of the hotel to where Chris was and handed Caelin to him.

Caelin was five years old, but he knew not to have temper tantrums like this. I couldn't deal with his screaming right now, I had to pack so that we could go home.

We had a fun time in the Bahamas, but I was honestly missing home. In the Bahamas, it was like our life were drama free, but I know that that will all change once we get back home.

~~~

Once we got back home, I called Dr. Morano. It's been a while since Chris and I have seen her and we've decided that we want to work things out on our own, but we want to have one final session with her.

"Dr. Morano." She answered.

"Hi, Dr. Morano, this is Briana."

"Hi Briana, I haven't seen you and Chris in a while."

"Yeah, that's why I called." I admitted. "Chris and I have decided that we want to work things out on our own, but we want to have one final session with you."

"Okay, how about next Tuesday at the usual time?"

"That's fine. Thanks for all your help Dr. Morano." I said before hanging up the phone. I placed my phone in my pocket and walked over to the stove where Chris was cooking. I wrapped my arms around his waist and just stood there embracing him.

We've been through so much and now we're finally getting everything right between us and I couldn't be happier.

Chris has even stopped texting Kenaysha like he used to. It was crazy how those two hated each other after he cheated on me with he, then they started texting like bestfriends. I never knew what had happened that made them two close, but I didn't care. All I cared about was my family.

"Chris." I called.

"Yeah?" He answered.

"We have our last meeting with Dr. Morano Tuesday at the usual time."

"Alright." He replied.

I released my grip on his waist and walked back into the living room where we were all watching a movie. I didn't know the name of the movie; it was something that Jr. picked out. Two seconds after I sat down on the couch, I had to get back up because the doorbell rang.

I opened the door, and was immediately repulsed. "What do you want?"

"You got my papers? Well, if you give me the money now, I won't take you to court."

"Tyeese, get off of my property." I calmly stated.

"I'm suing you for $10,000, if you just give me the money now, we won't have to go to court to settle this."

"Tyreese, I don't give a damn. You're suing us for emotional distress because we beat your ass. And the only reason we beat your ass is because you leaked our sex tape, which means I could counter-sue you for more than $10,000, which you don't have." I ranted. "Now, get the hell away from my house, and rip those court papers, or I'll sue you for everything you own."

Tyreese scoffed, "Man, fuck y'all."

He walked away and I shut the door. At least that situation was handled without me having to go to court and give up Chris and I's money.

~~~

One Week Later

"I now pronounce you husband and wife."

I cheered loudly as Christina was finally married. Now, the entire squad was married except for Imani, but she was engaged and wasn't planing anything for the wedding until she gives birth.

We all made our way to where the reception was being held and I caught up with Chris. "Hey handsome." I called.

He turned around. "Wassup gorgeous."

I walked over to him and hugged him. It was moments like these that made me happy, because we were finally where we needed to be.

~~~

One more chapter, then the epilogue.

Comment.

Vote.

Follow.