Chapter 16: Vacay

|Briana|

"It's too fucking early in the morning of this." I grumbled as I slid on my robe. It was 8 o'clock in the morning, and there was already people knocking on my door. I walked angrily down the stairs and towards the door. Once I made it to the door, I looked through the peephole, seeing a police officer patiently waiting for me to open the door. I put on fake smile and opened the door, "Hello officer."

"Briana Brown?"

"Yes."

"You've been served." He said. He handed me some papers and walked away. I closed the door and walked back to the bedroom while skimming through the papers.

"Chris." I called as I sat on the bed next to him. "Wake up."

"What?" He mumbled.

"Tyreese is suing us for $10,000 for emotional distress." I said as I tried to contain my laughter. He was such a bitch. The situation was over and I wasn't even mad about what he did anymore, but he had to get the law involve.

Instead of trying to contain his laughter like me, Chris exploded into laughter.

I folded the papers and placed them onto the dresser. Emotional distress, he's hilarious.

Instead of continuing to laugh at Tyreese's antics, I went into the closet to finish packing. This was going to be the first time in three years that we went on a vacation, and the very first time that we are going to the Bahamas.

I zipped up my three suitcases and duffel bag and placed it on the bed, then went into the kids' room to help them pack there things.

~~~

"So you just gonna be on your phone the whole time?" I asked. It wasn't that I didn't want him to be on his phone, but he's been on it the whole time.

"No, but I got some important stuff going on right now with the upcoming tour and everything." Chris explained.

"Yeah, I know, but we came on vacation to get away from all of that." I said as I grabbed the phone from his hand. I locked the phone and placed it on the hotel bed. "Can we go swimming with the dolphins?"

"Dolphins?" He asked.

"Yeah."

"Hell no, dolphins attack people." Chris said. Just then Cierra walked over and climbed in Chris's lap. She had been doing this since she was a baby, and she does it at the most random times.

"Cee, do you wanna swim with the dolphins?" I asked.

She looked at me with her eyebrows furrowed. "Dolphins attack people." She stated. Although she looked more like me, Chris acted more like Chris. "Let's go to the beach."

"Alright, go get your brothers." Chris told her.

~~~

"What are you doing?" I asked Chris. He had picked me up bridal style and started walking into the water.

I had a feeling that he was going to drop me into the water, but he wasn't that stupid.

"I'm not gonna drop you, chill."

"Then, what are you doing?"

"I just want to carry my wife into the water and we watch our children play." He said.

It was sweet of him to say that until I heard him yell, "Got 'eem," and dropped me into the water as he and the kids bursted into laughter.

~~~

Short and boring, but at least you got the update that you've been waiting for.

Also, this book is ending soon. Which means that it is the end of Chris and Briana's journey and the have to go out with a bang. :)

Comment.

Vote.

Follow.