Chapter 8: Letting Go of the Past

|Chris|

"Chris, I'm having a hard time believing that what you said is true." Briana said. "How could I forget someone who had hurt me and loved me for thirteen years?'

"Listen Briana, I'm not about  to start arguing with you again. I almost lose you in that accident. And I'm going to treat you right this time."

"Chris, I don't want to start an argument, but you've told me that multiple times and I don't know how much longer I listen to that lie."

As much as I didn't want to admit, she was right. "I know. But when you got amnesia, it was like my entire life was a dream. I never want to be without you."

I walked over to Briana and hugged her tightly.

"I think we should start going back to Dr. Morano soon."

~~~

"Welcome back. Briana, I'm glad to see that you're memory's back."

"Thanks." Briana said.

"Okay, for this session, I want to start with what was said in our last meeting." She started. "The last time we met, I asked you both if you'd ever thought about cheating,  and both of you replied with a yes. Briana, can you elaborate on that?"

"Chris just makes me so angry sometimes. Sometimes I get so angry, that I actually plan to cheat on him."

"By plan, do you mean you know who you want to cheat with, how, and where?"

Briana nodded.

Dr. Morano wow that down then looked back up. "So tell me."

"I have this friend named Tyreese. We've been friends for a while now, and we were actually a couple. Things didn't work out between us, but I still loved him after we broke up."

"Chris, how do you feel about this?" She focused her attention on me.

I stayed quiet, just taking this all in.

"Chris, you also said you think about cheating on Briana. Can you explain that?"

"I only thought about it a few times after we have pointless arguments. But I don't plan who I'm going to cheat with like she does, because I know I'll never cheat again because I'll lose her for sure."

There was a silence amongst the three of us.

"I think one of the many problems that you two have is that when you're angry, you don't communicate. I also think that toy two are both really stressed out. I recommend that you should go on a vacation without the kids."

I knew Briana would be against this. Because of what happened when Caelin was a baby, she doesn't think we should every go on vacation without them.

I was for a vacation. I needed a break. Between the kids and Briana's amnesia,  I didn't know which one stressed me more.

"I'm not comfortable with don't that." Briana spoke.

"You don't have to, I just think your two need to relieve your stress, and sex and a vacation would be the best way."

In my opinion, Briana had nothing to worry about. Caelin hasn't has a problem with his lungs since he was born, and I knew Jr. and Cierra would be in good hands.

"Just think about the vacation idea. Now, what do you think are the main issues in your marriage?"

"He never listens to me, he pays more attention to his phone than me, and he never tell me of his whereabouts, so I'm worried that he's cheating on me." Briana spoke first.

"She always thinks I'm cheating, she starts pointless arguments, she's always assuming, and she doesn't trust me." I answered.

"I think we should start with the most important issue of trust. Briana, do you trust Chris?

"No." She mumbled.

"Why?" Dr. Morano questioned.

"He gives me so many reasons why I shouldn't trust him. And when I did trust him, he cheated on me."

Dr. Morano nodded her head, "I understand what's going on." she started. "Briana, you haven't trust Chris since the beginning of your relationship because your afraid that he's just going to do the same thing again. You want to trust him, but you don't want to let your guard down because you don't want to be that naive girlfriend again. Am I correct?"

"Yes."

"And that's the only time that Chris has cheated correct?"

"Yes."

"Briana, you have to let it go. It's been ten years. If you don't let go, and start trusting Chris, then divorce will be in the near future."

I looked over at Briana, seeing that tears were starting to fall from her eyes. "It's hard to let go, because he hurt me so bad. I tried to kill him, and I wanted to die, and when I got into that car accident, I thought I was dead."

I grabbed Briana and pulled her into my lap so she could cry into my chest. "I'm sorry, Briana." I whispered.

"How about we just end this session and pick up from here next time?"  Dr. Morano suggested. I nodded my head, and carried Briana out of her office and to our car. I placed her in the passenger side, then climbed in. Before starting the car, I turned to Briana.

"Briana, I'm so sorry."

She just nodded her head.

I grabbed her face and made her look at me. "I'm really sorry. I didn't know that you felt like that, and I didn't know something that happened ten years ago was still an issue in our relationship. I love you."

"I love you too."

I kissed her lips, then her forehead, and started the car.

~~~

What did you think of this chapter?

Comment.

Vote.

Follow.