Chapter 9: I'll Always Love You

|Briana|

Since letting go of what happened years ago between Chris and I, I've been thinking about the time that he got a test for Cierra.

When Chris did that about seven years ago, it hurt me severely. I couldn't believe that he would allow some girl that he barely knew to persuade him that his daughter wasn't his. I also couldn't believe that Chris had thought I had cheated on him. Chris knows how I feel about cheating, so why would he think that I would ever do that to him.

I walked into our bedroom, where he was resting against the headboard, texting. He was probably texting her. It seemed that he gave her more attention than he gave his wife.

I cleared my throat, making him look up from his phone.

"I'm going out with the girls, and I'm taking the kids." I said, but he had already lost focus. Somewhere in the middle of my sentence, his phone vibrated again. "Chris?"

"Hm?" He responded but never looked up from his phone.

I rolled my eyes and just walked out of the room. I was so tired of all the bullshit with Chris. He was frustrating me to the point where I wanted to sign the papers, but I can't do that.

I got the kids into the car and drove to Imani's house. When we got there, the kids went upstairs like usual.

There had been so much that happened over the last five years. I was honestly jealous of all of the girls' lives. They were all happy and had their shit together unlike Chris and I.

Christen is now married, Christina is engaged, Imani is pregnant and engaged, and Navoni had had another child.

They all seemed like their life has no flaws, meanwhile, every time we all get together, Chris comes up and I end up crying, but I refuse to this time.

I semi-listened to the conversation they were having while texting Tyreese. He's been back in Texas for a few weeks, so haven't seen him in a while.

"Briana, here." Christina said as she handed me her phone. I was confused until I saw who called her. I was Chris. He had called me like five minutes ago, but I didn't answer because I was still upset that he was paying more attention to his phone than me.

I stood up and walked outside, making sure no one could hear our conversation.

"Hello?"

"Where are you at?"

I rolled my eyes. If he was listening to me when I was talking to him earlier, he would have known where I was.

"And why did you ignore my call?" He asked before I had the chance to answer the first question.

"I didn't want to talk to you." I said.

I heard Chris mumble something, but I just hung up, not caring about what he has to say.

I walked back into the house, and sat down as if nothing had happened.

"Are you okay?" Christina asked.

I nodded. "I'm fine, it's just your stupid ass brother."

We dropped the conversation about Chris and continued to what we were talking about before.

I opened my mouth to speak, but we were interrupted by loud banging on the door. I assumed that if was Imani's fiancee, but that couldn't be him because he has a key.

When no one answered the door, the banging got louder. The banging was so loud, that it made Navoni's newborn son, Kamden, start crying.

Navoni went upstairs, while the rest of us stayed downstairs. The banging kept getting louder and louder until Imani went to open the door.

The person pushed Imani out of the way and grabbed me by my wrist. It was none other than Chris.

"Chris, what the hell is wrong with you?" I screamed as he dragged me to the car. He just ignored and tightened his grip on my wrist. "Chris, you're hurting me!" I exclaimed.

He pushed me up against the car. "Listen Briana, I'm not about to let you keep disrespecting me. I've been calling you, texting you-"

"Go text your hoe. You text her 24/7 and pay more attention to her than you do to me."

I could tell that I was making him angry, because his grip was tightening. I used my other hand and slapped him. He held his cheek for a few seconds, then looked back at me.

Before I knew it, his big hands were wrapped around my neck, making me unable to breathe.

I tried to pry his hands from around my neck, but he was too strong.

It took all of the girls strengths to get Chris off of me.

"I fucking hate you Chris!" I cried. I ran into Imani's house and went upstairs to where the kids were.

"Mommy, what's wrong?" Caelin asked, noticing the tears running down my face.

I kneeled down to his and Cierra's level. "Look, I'm going to take you to grandma's house. I need y'all to be very good okay?"

They both nodded. I had very smart kids, so I knew that they knew that something was wrong.

I stood up and walked over to Jr. "I'm taking you to grandma's house."

"Is it because of daddy?" He asked. I nodded. "Mama, did he hurt you? I heard you yelling."

"I'm fine, baby." I lied.

I wasn't fine at all. I didn't know what was going on with Chris, but I wasn't going to just sit around and let him do this to me in front of our children. I know they saw the whole thing, being that the window was wide open.

I got in the car after making sure the kids were safely in their seats. I drove to Mama J's house. Normally I would have called her, but I don't think she would mind.

While driving home, I was highly angry. When I got home, Chris wasn't even there. I had no idea were he was, but I was going to wait until he got here.

Hours Later

It was around 9:00 when Chris finally got home. While he was out, I took the opportunity to pack my and the kids stuff. I refused to stay here.

"Chris, where were you?"

"You told me to "text my hoe", so that's where I was."

My mouth fell open. "Did you cheat on me?"

"Briana, you know I w-"

"Just answer the question."

"No." He said. "But I kissed her." He mumbled.

"What?"

"Briana, it just happened. But it didn't go any further."

"Thank you for being honest." I said

"What are you doing with those?" Chris said looking at the divorce papers on the table in front of me.

"Chris, I don't know what that was today at Imani's house, but that wasn't you. It was like you were possessed or something. I don't want to make this harder than it has to be, so just sigh the papers."

"I'm not signing it."

"Chris, please jus-"

"I'm not signing it." He repeated.

"Okay, Chris, but the kids and I are leaving." I stood up.

"Briana stop." Chris grabbed my waist.

"I'm sorry, Chris, but I can't do this anymore." I said as I removed his hands from my waist and kissed his cheek. "I'll always love you. Goodbye."

~~~

Is this really the end of Bris?

Will Chris sign the papers?

Comment.

Vote.

Follow.