Chapter 4: Flipping

|Briana|

"Cierra, could you get the potatoes for me?" I asked.

After picking up the kids from school, I decided to cook dinner. I was kind of in the mood for steak, so I made steak and mashed potatoes.

Cierra loved assisting me in the kitchen. She said she wanted to be a chef when she grew up.

I hadn't spoken to Chris since yesterday since we didn't have a session with Dr. Morano today. I needed to have a serious converation with him though.

After dinner, Chris and I both went upstairs.

"Chris, I need to talk to you."

"About?"

"Us. I feel like you pay more attention to your phone than you do to me." I admitted

"No, I don't." He said. As if on cue, his phone began vibrating.

I grabbed the phone out of his hand and ignored the call. "Chris, I feel like you love your phone more than you love me. You don't even act like my husband anymore. We barely even talk." I sobbed.

I know the person that was calling him was the same person who had been texting him. I don't know why he was texting her.  What could they have to talk about? Why would he even want to talk to her?

~~~

"Chris, please just leave me alone. We will talk about all our issues when we get to Dr. Morano's office."

Chris sighed and clutched the steering wheel. "I wish you would stop actin' like a bitch!"

"So I'm a bitch, because you still haven't grown up?! Fuck you, Chris!"

I was honestly confused about how our conversation got to this point. A few seconds ago, we were having a calm conversation about our marriage, and now we're trying to kill each other.

"Fuck you, Briana. I'm so tired of all your bullshit."

"How do you think I feel, Chris?! You're the one who has been ruining our relationship over and over since we were 15. I don't even know why I keep coming back to your stupid ass."

"I don't know either. You can-"

Before Chris was able to finish his sentence, our car was flipping over.

|Chris|

Our car had to have flipped over at least ten times. When we finally stopped flipping, we were upside down.

There was blood all over the car.

I looked over at Briana, who was unconscious. "Briana?" I called, but she never answered. I called multiple times, but never got a response from her.

"Sir? Are you okay?" The EMT asked me. Someone must have called them when we first wrecked.

I never responded to him, all I wanted to do was make sure Briana was okay.

I felt myself being dragged out of the car. I protested that they not take me to the hospital without knowing if Briana was okay, but it was no use. On the way to the hospital, I blacked out.

~~~

I woke up, in a cold sweat, in a cold hospital bed. I looked around my room, only to see mama, Christen, Christina, and the machines that I was plugged up to.

"Chris, are you okay?" Mama asked.

"I'm fine. Where's Briana?" I asked.

No one is the room replied.

"Where the fuck is she?!" I yelled.

"She's next door, but she's-" Christina replied, but before she was able to finish, I stood up from my bed and ran into her room.

~~~

Is Briana okay?

What's going to happen?

Comment.

Vote.

Follow.