CHAPTER 25: "Where the hell is my girlfriend?"

"Pardon me?" I ask in fear that I couldn't hear him correctly.

"We want the Gift." Cade replies smoothly with a dark smile.

"I can't just wrap it in a bow and give it to you." I reply icily, feeling the worry for Lilah creeping through.

"No, but I can siphon it." He says and frown.

"Why do you even want it?" I ask, feeling Adam tense next to me.

"All will be revealed in good time dear sister. All I want is-" Cade starts, but he's then violently thrown to the side by Zayn suddenly reappearing.

Cade hits his head and is knocked unconscious.

"Zayn!" I exclaim and rush over to him.

"I'm okay, obviously. Him, well not so much " He grins and winks at me.

"What do we do now?" I ask, listening to Cade's heavy breathing.

"We trade."

I turn and look at Adam.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"You call Shelby and tell her that you have Cade and that you'll give him in exchange for Lilah. We have to be very careful about this, remember, Lilah's pregnant." Adam replies, and then there's a loud curse coming from my bedroom door.

All of us turn and my blood turns cold at the sight.

My friends, Oliver, Becca and Brad is standing there completely baffled. Oliver has a furious expression, while Becca and Brad are reeling in shock..

"Where the hell is my girlfriend?" Oliver asks dangerously low. "And what do you mean she's pregnant?"

The room is dead quiet.

I tried so damn hard to keep this from them. But now it blew up in my face.

"Someone speak, damnit!" He shouts and I flinch, since I never saw the happy-go-lucky Oliver like this.

"It is my fault, okay? There is so much connected to this and I don't even know where to start..." I trail off but Oliver isn't happy with that and quickly paces towards me.

"Start talking. Now!" He shouts practically in my face, when Adam steps in.

"Hey, don't talk to her like that." He says and pushes Oliver away from me and that was enough to send him over the edge since he then decks Adam in the jaw.

"Oliver!" All of us yell at the same time.

He moves to punch Adam again, and before any of us can do anything, Oliver is pulled by a force away from Adam. To the rest, it looked like an unknown force, but in reality it's Zayn and obviously I am the only one who can see him.

"What the-?" Oliver says and frantically looks around seeing that no one is near him.

I help Adam up and questioningly look at Zayn. He merely shrugs as if he knows what I'm asking.

How can you touch living people?

"Look, everyone calm down. Claire will explain everything, right? About Lilah's whereabouts, what's happening here and why there's some guy looking eerily similar to you knocked out." Becca says and I nod and take a deep breath.

Time to let the ghosts out of the bag.

|||

"You're joking." Brad deadpans and I roll my eyes.

"I'm not okay? How would I make stuff like this up?" I ask defensive and hurt since he knows about my abilities.

"She's obviously not lying. So what do we do now?" Becca asks easily believing me and I send her a warm and grateful smile which she returns. "And about him?"

"Adam and I will trade him for Lilah." I answer swiftly.

"What about the rest of us?" Brad asks reluctantly, eyeing Adam with disapproval, making Adam roll his eye.

"Nothing. I didn't tell you, because it didn't want you involved in this. I'll get Lilah, I promise, but I don't want-" I start, but I'm cut off by Oliver.

"Like hell I'm not getting involved. That's my girlfriend, Claire! My, as I've learned today, very much pregnant one. I'm not sitting by and waiting!" He exclaims and I sigh

"Look, it's bad enough that you know. I'm not endangering you guys any further." I state calmly, but they're not having it.

"Claire, with us on your side, you can move faster and have a handle on more things. We can help you with that." Becca urges me and I sigh.

"Claire, when she took Lilah, she automatically messed with us all, hell, when she took your siblings away from you, she messed with us. We're you're best friends. Let us help." Brad says, now probably believing it

"Please Claire, that's my girlfriend and child's life." Oliver pleads and his expression finally has a part of its normal loving side back and not just the angry, pissed off one.

I turn to Adam and he shrugs as if saying, it's your choice.

"Accept their help, Claire. I might have a plan which involves them." Zayn says smiling softly and I sigh.

"What if I can't protect all of you?" I ask teary and Becca places both her hands on my shoulders.

"For now, the most important thing is Lilah. Forget about our safety. We are all willingly helping you, okay?" She says and hugs me tightly and I swallow the tears back, trying to get my game face on.

I take a few deep breaths and pull away.

I make eye contact with everyone and all of them has their game faces on.

"Okay, fine. We might have a plan but only if all of you are sure about this." I ask and they all nod.

"We're ready." Adam grins and I nod and turn to Zayn

"So, what's the plan?"