CHAPTER 7: Something darker...

I can't sleep. 

As easily as that. My thoughts keep on drifting back to Adam. His gorgeous sky blue eyes, his dark hair, his dimples and don't even get me started on his hot body. And to top off all of that, he is smart, has a great personality and unlike other people, he actually finds my ghost work interesting.

After the incident in Mr Wong's class, we exchanged cellphone numbers and he agreed to hang out with us at Missy's Diner this Saturday, which is tomorrow. He also hung out with us at lunch. Oliver likes him as well as the girls, it's just Brad that seems a bit odd with him, but I'm sure he'll warm up.

And don't even get me started on the love Zayn has for him...

I don't know what it is about Adam that just attracts me towards him. I don't think I have a crush on him, but I can't deny that he's basically the perfect package.

Lilah and Becca certainly agree.

But he's still grieving over his sister and I have way too much on my plate, so any kind of relationship that isn't purely friendship isn't possible with him. Which is why I am going to do everything in my power to stop fangirling about him. If that's even possible....

I toss in my bed and turn to the other direction, seeing that it's already 2 am. My brain just doesn't want to shut down. I roll my eyes and get up, ignoring the biting coldness of the November air floating around my room. I throw on an old Superman hoodie and trudge to the kitchen for a midnight/early morning snack.

As I rummage through the fridge, I notice a moment too late that the chill in the room, isn't because of the November air...

My sixth sense heighten and I feel goosebumps forming on my bare legs. I take a deep breath and try to focus my energy on whatever else is in here. I look around the kitchen, trying to find something out of place, something that'll give me a lead as to what's happening.

The temperature in the room drops and I clutch my hoodie, hearing my heartbeat in the quiet, darkness.

"Is someone there?" I ask in a whisper, hating the way my voice started to waver at the end.

No answer, except more drop in temperature and a undeniable, supernatural chill. This isn't some light hearted cross over. This is something else...

Something darker...

Nervously I walk over to the light switch, but right before I switch it on, something cold grabs my wrist.

"Don't!" It shouts and I feel fear settling in me. The voice sounds scared, helpless, frightened. I look over my shoulder trying to find the source of the voice and hand, only to find the hand removed from my wrist and no figure. 

The window bursts open.

In a swift moment, the curtains fly into the air. A howling wind enters the kitchen along with unadulterated ice winds. The coldness nips at my bare legs and even my covered arms. I shudder as I move over to close the window.

The window push back, somehow not wanting to be closed and in that moment, I knew that it's not the wind that's pushing, but something else...

My sixth sense quiets down, so I know that whatever was here with me in the kitchen is now gone.

After I shut the window, I rush to the living room, armed with my phone's flashlight and a packet of Doritos and cookies. I make myself comfortable on the couch and throw the knitted blanket over me. There's no way I am sleeping alone in my room tonight.

I switch on the TV, but keep the volume low. Almost instantly my cat,Tuna, jumps on the couch next to me. She normally hides anywhere in the house, since she hates human contact, so I only see her when she's hungry or thirsty.