Chapter 25

Chaewon's POV

People our age are constantly struggling to find something thrilling to do to relieve their emotional emptiness, something that will make them forget about their current pain and escape from reality for a night. Music and dance have been intertwined with each other for many years, being the most prevalent in the pop culture and doesn't seem to be dying down with partygoers anytime soon. Why you may ask, well because dancing and music is a way for some people to detoxify after a long or hard day of work or probably just to climb the social ladder by making friends. Recently, I have been entering into the night clubs and bars pretty often, probably to get intoxicated and high — the only way I can get Minjoo off my mind for a short while. Clubs are packed with large crowds of young people, to me it's a place to just let loose of the pressure built inside of us and throw in a little ebullience in life.

Each and everyone in the nightclub bounced with enthusiasm, swaying their bodies according to the rhythm of the music, the DJ's really exceptional at her job. Some people danced around as if they were professional dancers while others are so stiff like little toy robots. Everyone's eyes sparkled with merriment, portraying themselves confidently as they try to associate themselves with new pals. And it's a Friday today, how can I say no to the night life?

You must be wondering why did I call Minjoo out of a sudden to join me tonight right? Pretty random and peculiar when I've been going with my fixed group of friends all along. That's right, I've got someone that conveyed messages secretly and willingly to me, and that person told me a piece of good news, they're quarreling! Minjoo and Yujin's relationship ain't smooth sailing as of now and it's a good opportunity to get Minjoo back, it's been too long.

I noticed a familiar figure wondering around the entrance of the pub, I called out to the pink haired girl and waved gently, signaling for her to come over. The popsy then capered towards my direction. Being Kim Minjoo, her exterior appearance has always been captivating, greatly capturing the attention of everyone in the area while she perambulated down the aisle. Coupling her enchanting looks, the pink haired girl had to wear a spaghetti strapped, short sequined black dress without bringing any outer coat. This girl really doesn't know the danger of such places, the guys are literally aiming to prey on her. There were whispers and whistles that came from everywhere, perks of being too overly attractive I guess.

"Hey sorry I was late, did I make you wait for very long?"
"No it's okay." I said as I handed her my cardigan, "Wear it."
The pink haired girl gave me a puzzled look and answered, "I don't get cold easily."
"Just wear it, guys over that table are eyeing on you."

After she put on the sweater, we ordered afew shots of Tequila and Bacardi. We babbled about silly jokes, reminiscing some things in the past and how's our family doing. It's been long since I've had an sincere heart to heart session with someone, where by I could just gabber my hearts out without the fear of being judged. It felt so comfortable, so carefree, perhaps because of the works of alcohol we're able to feel more relaxed. The group of punks sitting a table opposite us has never failed to stop taking their gaze away from Minjoo though. They're continuously trying to gain her attention by doing ridiculous stuffs — cackling loudly, dancing wildly. A guy even came over to our table to ask if it's okay to buy her a drink but rejection was what he received. It's our 3rd time ordering the alcoholic beverages again from the bartender. Minjoo's tolerance ain't as bad as I thought, she's still pretty sober. Perhaps I said this too early.

The pink haired girl grabbed onto my shoulders turning her body facing squarely towards me. The dimly lit area made it difficult to realize in fact Minjoo's cheeks were already flushed by the works of liquor. The tipsy woman had her head hung low while she gathered all her strength to lift herself up using my shoulders as support. She then raised up her noddle that was afew inches away from mine, gazing into my orbs and blinked afew times. Running her fingers through my chestnut locks, she gradually came closer to me, leaving our lips only millimeters apart. I'm having a hard time to control myself, I really wanted to crash my lips on hers.