Chapter 6

Yujin's POV

Seriously this unbelievable! Won't a forfeit be like doing cardio or workout or something? I really don't mind running 2.4 km right now under the hot sun or even doing a silly dance in front of the class. Writing a letter to saying how much I treasure her as a sister is too much.

"Oh God! There's absolutely no good characteristics I could possibly think of about Ryujin." I mumbled to myself, feeling more annoyed than ever.

Having the whole break time of an hour to write this ridiculous love letter thing, I might as well just attempt suicide. I tuned over to my so
called best friend to refuse to help me a single bit, "Yena please? I'll treat you to Starbucks?"
"No." The shorter girl didn't even bother to look at me this was how incentivized she was.
"Okay fine I'll just transfer you $50 right now. Just help me. One time." I upped the stakes.

"Yah yah it's your punishment not mine. You should have known the good intentions of Ms kwon behind this punishment. It's for the good of both of you. To be honest it hurts me too to see both of you guys like this, it would be great if you guys can be close. Good luck! I'm going to find Yuri."

Sigh this is harder than it seems. But perhaps this is how a good friend should be. Weighing the pros and cons and always knowing what's best for your friend. I should have known better.

The classroom lights were dimmed, making the atmosphere serene. However what is going on in my head right now is far from tranquility. I isolated myself in class, allowing the feeling of emptiness to overwhelm me. As though losing a mom at a young age isn't enough, I've to endure my dad marrying someone else, suddenly knowing i have a sister, and what's worse is that we can't get along. I've always tried my best in whatever i do, but when will dad be proud of me? Tears rolled down my eyes as I crushed the letter that is supposed to be given to Ryujin, throwing it as hard as possible towards the bin. I haven't broke down in a long time, probably only Ryujin would make me this affected. When will I admit she actually has a special place in my heart? When would I put down my pride and allow her into my life? When will I be able to salvage this pathetic relationship with my sister. I wouldn't want anyone to see me like this, especially my the front I portray in school is a tough and unbeatable personality. Just as I was in a deep state of thought I heard someone opening back door of the class. I instantly wiped my tears using my fingers and pretended nothing has happened. Footsteps of that very person was amplifying as she inches closer but by bit. I felt a gentle pat on top of my head.

"Yujin ah? Gwaenchanayo?"

As I looked up and stared. into the soul of that pink haired girl, I can't control my overflowing tears and broke down immediately. Minjoo sat beside me and wrapped her arms around me, "It's okay you can just cry Yujin ah, i'll be here"

Minjoo kindly comforted me and assured that everything will be okay soon. Even though the whole time I was dead silent and I've yet to tell her any of my problems, her presence itself just made me feel so secure.

"I've always keep things to myself, I'm so sorry to have made you seen me like this. I'm so much better now Minjoo ah, gwomawo" I was halfway crying and laughing to reduce the tension.

Minjoo took out tissue and cleaned the tears off my face. I stared at her blankly with my swollen red eyes. There is a certain sense of warmth, a fullness of soul and breath that is thankfulness, I'm thankful for her being here at my most vulnerable stage. I carefully went through every goddess like feature of the girl right in front of me. Damn how can someone me so beautiful?

Minjoo in my eyes...