Chapter 3

Flashback

Minjoo's POV

How often do we see the dawn and take for granted the sun, shimmering like pure gold in the sky, making the universe peach pink, totally a work of art. Have we ever wondered how wonderful is it to be able to experience the sight of a variety of colours instead of only the dull grey. The moon and the stars returned home for a rest after an exhausting day of flaunting its beauty. The brilliant morning sun warms us from our skin to our core, ignites our thoughts to beauty, inviting that light to enter our hearts, getting ready for a brand new beginning. Every dawn is an invitation to the day, it's a gift from God, a window of opportunity for us to take if we've gathered enough courage to make the world a better place, to see it fully and to love it with all that we are. A new day had come, new possibilities, a fresh page yet to be written. My heart was enlivened at the thought of meeting my friends once again after a long break, I remembered not sleeping well the night before, resulting in me running late the next day.

"Min are you done? We're going to be late!" Tzuyu wrinkled her eyebrows, her arms crossed while waiting impatiently at the front door.

"I'm coming! jamkkanman" I still had the guts to hurriedly put on my lip stick when i'm running out of time, and dashed down only to be greeted by unnie's annoyed face.

"Sorry.." Acting cute never works for Tzuyu.
"Get in the car please, there's really not a single day we can be early! And why are you dressing up just to go to an all girls school? Who are you trying to impress huh my little sister?" Perhaps every word, movement or even breath from me seemed to infuriate her, God bless.

The Mercedes Benz took off right after to fight against the ticking clock, hoping we can both make it in time. I was still trying to calm my self down after that short sprint towards the vehicle, and only to be startled by unnie's words.

"I can still vividly remember how you said you weren't into dating when you first entered the school a year back hmmm. Cmon, tell unnie who is that special someone? Your age? Older or younger than you? Don't tell me is your teacher that you're admiring!"

"Unnie jjinja! No way i'm not into old man come on unnie" I rolled my eyes, "I'll tell you soon?Then please don't be angry at me anymore alright?" I winked and pointed to the driver in front and whispered, "Uncle rob will spill the tea so i'll tell you next time."

I am in the 2nd year of high school while Tzuyu unnie is in her last year. Our Mercedes Benz eventually reached the school foyer. I checked my appearance again before leaving the car, making sure I look presentable. I mean I'll have to upload my pretty girl image right? Just joking.

There stood a girl more elegant than ever, who is she? It's none other than my best friend, Hyewon. That brunette is listening to music on her airpods while waiting for me to arrive. We usually meet up before heading to the field for assembly together.

"Kwangbae!" I waved cheerfully as I ran towards her to give her a hug.

"Yah Kim minjoo why are you always so late? It's only 3 mins before assembly"

"Wait 3 mins?" We looked at each other and said. We sprinted as fast as we could to the field in order to be not marked late.

"I'm sorry kwangbae ah, lunch is on me!"
"jjinja I'll kill you if we're marked late again!"

Beads of perspiration trickled down my forehead as i tried to settle down at the back of the class queue. We panted heavily as though we've ran a marathon but in reality, it's barely only 60 meters. We tried to contain our laugher after looking at each other's lethargic expressions, such losers, we really have no words for each other.

I glanced around, only realizing the blue haired girl is nowhere to be found.

Sigh did she skip school again today?

Moments later, I heard footsteps approaching from behind. I turned swiftly around and was mesmerized by the sight of that particular blue haired girl who was walking towards me with her airpods still on, it feels like I've entered a fairytale, my prince charming is here, she looks ethereal.

I quickly regained my composure as I found myself grinning uncontrollably at that fascinating sight, I acted normally instantly in case she realized something was strange. Adjusting my hair, I pulled out more feelers to give an illusion of a smaller face.

"Morning Min" Her voice was like a melody of my favorite song however I can't put it on the replay button.

"Oh hi morning Yujin" I stuttered for abit.

Butterflies literally escaped from their cages of my heart that I tried so badly to enclose them in. Honestly can't believe my ears, oh my did she just greet me? How unusual. My chubby cheeks reddened even more after that short sprint, emphasizing my asian flush further. Chuckles were heard from my dearest best friend who couldn't do me a favour to just shut her mouth for a minute, how wonderful.

Ps Yujin looked stunning that day
o(∩_∩)o

Ps Yujin looked stunning that day o(∩_∩)o