Chapter 21

Yujin's POV

It's been 5 days since we last conversed with each other. The cold war begun, neither one of us were going back down, talk things out and apologize. This isn't it, things ain't going to work out if this continues for a prolonged period of time. Both egoistic individuals, both horrible at expressing feelings, both individuals that love each other way too much.

I missed every inch of pink haired girl, emptiness was the only emotion that truly engulfed me entirely these few days. It's like a part of me had gone missing, no morning texts, no goodnight calls, the worst part was treating each other as invisible in school. It's crazy obvious to everyone that something isn't right with both of us. And then everyone suddenly became so concerned about me, "Are you and Minjoo okay?" "Talk to me if you need don't keep to yourself." were questions that flooded both conversations in real life and via message. Sometimes I doubt if they're genuinely concerned or just pure nosy. I really had to do something to amend this unnecessary stumbling block. I don't care about my ego anymore, I really just want my princess back into my arms. This contretemps's making me feel more and more perturb as each day passes. With that, I made my way to find Minjoo at her mansion after school.

"Hey." I spoke as soon as Minjoo opened the gate for me.
"Oh."
"You didn't come to school today, you're feeling unwell?"
"Yeh I had a mild fever yesterday night. I'm much better already." The thought that Minjoo's immunity would deteriorate and would fall sick if she faced circumstances that put her under pressure shot through my mind. That poor girl, she must have been devastated about our quarrel too.
"Can we talk? Can I come in?"
"I guess."

Her interior designing of her room was still the same pretty shade of rose gold and white

Her interior designing of her room was still the same pretty shade of rose gold and white. The area was embellished with roses and paintings of art from famous artists, each being outrageously exorbitant. As soon as I stepped into the room I could smell the aroma of the brightly lit candle, fresh lavender, Minjoo's favorite scent. Her room was still pretty immaculate despite her being unwell. I truly look up to people who have the self discipline to tidy their place no matter rain or shine.

Minjoo sat on her bed, closed the laptop which she was previously using.

"Watching netflix?"
"Yeh, a new serious just came out. I couldn't bring myself to do any work also so I just lay in bed and binged watch."

Without saying a word, I went closer to the frail and sick girl and gave her a tight warm hug — a hug filled with apologies, love and misses.

"Sorry, sorry I wasn't there when you were sick and needed someone. Sorry for being harsh that day. I was too engrossed in having fun. Sorry for not asking you why you went out of the party suddenly, sorry for neglecting your feelings I should've been more sensitive. I'll try to be a better partner to you, forgive me baby?"

She cupped my cheeks as I stared into the depths of her soul. Her eyes soon reddened and tears streamed down like an open tap.

"Hey why are you crying, don't cry, I'm here." I removed her chilly hands from my cheeks, placing it near to my chest area and intertwined it.
"I ruined your birthday for you..."
"Nono why would you say that? You were the one that made me the happiest that day. All that you've done for me, it's engraved in me and I'll remember it for life."
"I'm sorry too... I was being so childish that day. I was jealous over some trivial issue that's why I went out to take a breather. I wasn't angry at you but myself, this really isn't your fault. I'm sorry. And about Chaewon, I didn't meet her on purpose. She's coincidentally Yena's neighbor and I just happened to bump into her outside. There's really nothing between us."
"You were jealous baby?" I pinched her cute tiny nose and tittered, I continued, "But who on earth has the power to make my baby feel this upset though?"