Chapter 41

Minjoo's POV

After a while, it hurts less. I started to see the reason and understand what she did. Knowing that it takes two hands to clap and learning that not everyone is meant to stay in my life. Sometimes one can be a passing chapter of a book, to teach you a certain valuable lesson, to allow you to experience different things in life — different emotions, allowing me to grow, to love myself better, to find my worth.

Some of these characters will be difficult to replace when their time has come to an end in their chapter of your life, but I needed to see the necessity to let her go, even if I don't want to.

Still remember 6 years ago when she left me once again, it broke me and tore me apart. It did hurt, it's that kind of hurt that will leave myself crying till 3am in the morning, waking up with those puffy eyes and reddened nose. It was the hurt that followed me like a shadow, reminding myself of the fond memories that we once shared. Still remembered how I waited for the time 11:11 to make the same wishes, how I still always had my wishbone necklace on, how i even hyperventilated after my car drove passed the cable cars hanging in the air. The hurt that left me thinking if I ever meant anything to her. But if it's the one thing that i've learnt, I won't ever have expectations. I can't expect people to love me the way I love them, with the same about of intensity. The multiple connections I have with people, but that doesn't mean that everyone is suited to stay in my life.

The hardest part about losing Yujin isn't about the goodbyes, rather than learning how to live without her. What fuels the hurt is visualizing how she's able to live without me, but can I blame her? I've always believed that if I really loved someone I would want her to be happy, even if it means she's going to be happy without me.

And today I want to do myself a favor, to stop destroying my soul by waiting for the impossible. I want to open up to more people and new things, and maybe from that I'll find healing. I've became really good friends with Lucas, we clicked pretty well and his humorous personality cracks me up all the time. I want to try something new, I want to try not to keep my walls up anymore, thinking I don't deserve love and no one would ever stay by my side.

It's Lucas's birthday tomorrow and I've finally got time to find him a gift at the department store. I was wreaking my brains trying to find a suitable birthday gift for the lawyer. It's my first time purchasing something for a male friend and I'm actually clueless about gift ideas.

"A watch would be nice right?" I mumbled to myself as I dekko through the glass panel.
"Hi, this is our latest collection. Do take a look." The sales assistance mentioned.
"Thanks, can I have a look at the one with black strap."
"Sure! You buying for you boyfriend?" She grinned.
"Ahh nono." I blushed and waved my hands at her immediately, "Hmm.. I think I'll get it."

Lucas's POV

The gust of wind had become the orchestral conductor of the sea, sending waves into their crescendos' all through the ballad. All about us was the perfume of the salty water and the fine spray that came as boldly as any viola flurry. It was as if life herself had entered the water and the energy was so great that this great pulse came upward to form a steady rhythm.

A simple birthday celebration was what I ever asked for.

"Huh? No one else is coming to your party?" The confused girl scratched her nape.
"Yeh, I only invited you, Dr Minjoo. Honored?" I snickered.
"You sure? Ain't we waiting...." I stopped her speech by pulling her onto the yacht, "Huh serious?" She kept looking back towards the shore.
"Hey ready to have some fun?"
"What are we doing!"
"Choose A or B."
"A...?"
"Okay let's go wakeboarding!"
"What? I don't know how..." She doesn't even get the chance to speak and I already made her change into a swimwear and life jacket, she continued, "I'm abit scared..."
"Don't worry I'm here, it will be okay! It's pretty easy to pick up." I grabbed onto her hands in assurance, "Watch me first."