Chapter 40

Minjoo's POV

time check: 9:08 Am
Another busy day in the hospital, yet I love it for the colleagues and patients, for the conversations we have and the routine of seeing one another, the chance to make these casual bonds.

time check: 9:08 AmAnother busy day in the hospital, yet I love it for the colleagues and patients, for the conversations we have and the routine of seeing one another, the chance to make these casual bonds

"Excuse me Mr Wong are you having a feast here?" I was lured by the immense aroma of food early in the morning.

"Yes of course! Today's my discharge day I ought to be celebrating. I've been in the hospital for too long." He frowned, "Its been long since I tasted outside food, its amazing.. want some Dr Minjoo?"

"Tempting but no I can't I'm so sorry! It's the hospital's guidelines stating we can't share food with any of the patients. You know they're pretty strict about these stuff nowadays. Thanks for the offer though! And yes you ought to celebrate your recovery. Who's fetching you back?" I plonked my 2 hands in the pocket of my white vest and swayed side to side, actually controlling my salivation.

"Alright i'll eat myself then." He shrugged, "My chauffeur's coming but not so soon."

"Ahh that's nice. I love to see my patients recover and go back home. It makes me feel so accomplished. It's heartwarming." I grinned ear to ear, "By the way what are you working as now? Heard you said you can't wait to get back on court. Are you a full time basketball player? A coach?"

"Oh nah... Basketball is my hobby i'll never do it as a profession. Im not that superb anyways. I'm a Lawyer actually. Here's my name card."

"Acting humble Mr national basketball player?" I shook my head and chuckled, "Wow lawyer! You sure know how to debate very well then!"

"Of course I do! But just not to you..."

Wait what? Did I hear correctly? My eyes widened.

The man sitting down continued while chomping on his rice, "By the way, since you reject my offer of dining here with me Dr Minjoo, can I have a request? A way just to thank you for your sincere care during my whole stay?" Lucas requested.

I mean who am I to reject such a nice dude right, "Alright sure! What's up?"

"Actually my birthday's coming. I'm planning to have a mini birthday party next week! At a yacht..."

"You're inviting me?"
"Mmhmm, it's my 25th celebration."
"Sureee how could I say no to the birthday boy."
"Boy? Hello doctor I'm 2 years older than you."
"Okay birthday man." We both chortled at the childish comment.

Yeji's POV

The intensity of my stomach's growling increased as the amount of hydrochloric acid proliferated immensely at the thought of the food I'm going to consume for lunch. My cephalic phase of gastric secretion is working well isn't it. I peeped my head into the ward looking out for a certain individual, Kim Minjoo. It's a blessing and really coincidental that we entered the same medical school and now, having clinicals at the same hospital. Our chemistry is top notch — maybe only how we complain about lack of sleep and how hungry we get during lunch hours.