↣ chapter fourty two

𝘓𝘦𝘪𝘢 𝘙𝘦𝘺: 3 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘩𝘴 𝘰𝘭𝘥...

I hear the cries for the fourth time tonight. I don't know why I try to sleep anymore, I'm just going to wake up again anyway.

"I got it, Love," Poe says as I go to get up. "Let me take care of it this time."

"You don't have to-"

"Shh. Get back in bed, I got it, okay?"

"Okay."

He leaves and I lay in bed waiting for the baby to stop crying and for Poe to come back. After only a few minutes Poe returns.

"That was quick."

"She calmed down almost immediately after I went in there." He crawls back into bed with me.

"She already likes you more than me," I mumble.

"She loves you. I'm just the baby whisperer." The two of us chuckle. "Get some rest, baby."

"Thank you, Poe. I love you."

"I love you too."

~•~

𝘓𝘦𝘪𝘢 𝘙𝘦𝘺: 11 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘩𝘴 𝘰𝘭𝘥...

I wake up once again to screams. I groan and turn to the empty bed.

"Shh. Your mom's trying to sleep. We're gonna get in trouble," I hear Poe's voice.

I stand and walk to the kitchen. I see my baby on the counter covered from head to toe in baking ingredients. I look at my husband who has the same fate.

"What is going on in here?" I put my hands on my hips.

"Cookies?"

"It looks like a mess to me."

"Well... yeah. But cookies!"

"Where?"

"In the process?" My husband shrugs.

"You two are damn lucky I love you." I walk over to the pair.

"We are." Poe takes a finger of cookie dough and smears it on the tip of my nose. Leia giggles from beside us.

I look over to our daughter. Her curly hair sticky and white. "She thinks your funny. Let's see if she laughs at this." I grab a handful of flour and throw it at Poe.

My action induces another string of laughter from our child. I smile at her cute little laugh. "She likes when we make a mess." Poe shrugs.

"That doesn't give you the okay to do this constantly. I'll allow it for now," I smile.

"Good." He throws flour at me.

"Poe Dameron!"

"Amaya Dameron!" He mocks me.

"You don't get to mock me."

"Oh I don't? Can I do this though?" He lifts my tank top and wipes more cookie dough on my abdomen.

"You can. I get to do this though." I grab an egg and crack it over his head, leaving yolk in his bouncy curls.

"Oh you're gonna get it!" He picks me up over his shoulder. Leia laughs and I see her adorable face light up with a smile.

"Help me Leia! Help me!" I call to our daughter.

"Hep!" She says. Poe and I stop.

"Put me down!" I demand. He sets me down and we both turn to our baby. "What did you say?"

"Hep! Hep!" She claps her hands.

"Yeah! Help!" I scoop her in my arms. Tears form in my eyes at the joy of her first words.

"Did she just say 'help'?" Poe looks at me. I nod. "Oh my stars!" He wraps me in a hug.

"Let's go get you cleaned up," I begin walking away.

~•~

𝘓𝘦𝘪𝘢 𝘙𝘦𝘺: 13 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘩𝘴 𝘰𝘭𝘥...

"Come on, Leia! You can do it!" I say holding my arms out. Poe holds her a few paces in front of me.

"Go to Mommy," Poe says letting go of Leia. She walks towards me. I reach out my arms to catch her before she falls. "Good job!"

"Poe. She just walked." I look up at him.

"Yeah. Isn't that-" realization hits him. "Oh my Force. She just walked."

I nod. He comes towards us and hugs us. He kisses the top of my head. "I'm so proud of our kid."

"I am too."

~•~

𝘓𝘦𝘪𝘢 𝘙𝘦𝘺: 2 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘰𝘭𝘥...

"Mommy?"

I open my eyes to see a little Leia Rey standing beside Poe's and my bed. "What's wrong sweetheart?"

"I don't want to sleep in my bed."

"Why not, baby?" I move Poe's arm from around my waist.

"Can you come with me?"

"Okay. Here, let's get you back into bed." I scoop her up into my arms and carry her back to her bedroom.

I set her in her bed and cover her with her sheets and blankets. "Thank you, Mommy."

"Of course, baby. I love you."

"Can you stay here?"

I nod and crawl onto her bed beside her. She snuggles into me and I wrap my arms around her. I hold her close to me and her steady breathing puts us both back to sleep.

~•~

𝘓𝘦𝘪𝘢 𝘙𝘦𝘺: 4 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘰𝘭𝘥...

"Mommy?" Leia shakes me awake.

My eyes flutter open, meeting the huge brown orbs of my daughter. "What's wrong?"

"I had a bad dream."

"Oh honey. Do you want me to come lay with you?"

"Can I sleep with you and Daddy?"

"Yeah. Of course, baby." She crawls on the bed and plops herself in between Poe and me.

"Hey baby girl. What's wrong?" Poe asks groggily.

"She had a bad dream. Huh?" I move one of her stray curls out of her face. She nods before laying down between us.

"Do you want to tell us about it?" I ask. "I know that when I tell people what's wrong, it usually makes me feel better."

"I'm okay."

"Alright."

"Get some sleep you two. I don't want my girls to be tired tomorrow," Poe says wrapping his arms around the two of us.

"I love you, Daddy," Leia says.

"I love you too, peanut. And I love you Mrs. Dameron."

"I love you too, Poe," I look at him.

~•~

𝘓𝘦𝘪𝘢 𝘙𝘦𝘺: 5 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘰𝘭𝘥...

Leia comes running up to me with a necklace in her hands. "Look what Auntie Rey helped me make!"

"That's beautiful sweetheart! Do you want me to help you put it on?" I pick her up.

"It's for you, Mommy."

"Oh! Thank you babygirl." I let her place it over my head and around my neck. "How was she?" I ask as Rey finally catches up.

"She was good. We had a ton of fun, huh Leia?" Rey says.

"Yeah! Rey's my favorite auntie!" Leia exclaims.

"She's your only auntie, silly goose," I say.

"No! What about auntie Rose?"

"Well, I'm glad I beat aunt Rose," Rey says.