↣ chapter twenty nine

Hey! So just a few notes before I start writing TROS-

1. This movie is based the year after TLJ if you weren't already aware.
2. We're going to pretend that there is like 7 months between when the movies take place, okay? For story purposes.
3. By the time this movie rolls around, we're going to say that Amaya and Poe have been married for like 3 months, deal?

Cool- ok so that's all I have to say. I just don't want anyone to be confused because it literally makes no sense :). Thanks you guys! Ily all so much!

~•~•~•~•~

I sit at the holochess table watching my husband and best friend play against Chewie. I tried telling them they'd lose, but they disagree.

He's already beat them multiple times, but the two are dead set that they'll win this round. Chewie thinks for a moment. A long moment.

"You ever gonna go?" My husband leans forward.

"He can't beat us every time," Finn says.

"Apparently he does," Poe answers.

"How does he do it?" Finn asks no one in particular.

"This guy right here? It's 'cause he cheats," Poe says. Chewie growls. "I'm kidding!"

"Oh, come on. Take your turn," Finn huffs.

"You're 250 years old, of course you're better than us!" Poe exclaims.

"You're taking forever which is cheating. That's why we think you're cheating," Finn sighs.

I chuckle at how competitive they are. We hear beeps and alarms go off. Chewie growls.

"Don't worry!" Finn says.

"We're not gonna turn it off," Poe says before Chewie storms away.

"He's cheating," Finn concludes. I roll my eyes at the boys.

"Definitely," Poe says before doing the opposite of what he said he wouldn't do prior: turning off the holochess board.

Poe comes over to me and grabs my hand. I stand up and we walk to the cockpit. "Klaud! I hope you fixed that surge!" Poe says to the large alien.

Poe sits in one of the pilot seats and I sit in the other. We both put on our headsets as we get ready.

"T-minus five!" I say.

Poe and I maneuver through the ice and fog. I turn us around and stop midair so Finn can talk to our ally, Boolio. Poe and I look up at the sound of TIE fighters.

"Finn! We're about to be cooked!" I yell to our friend.

"We're almost there!" He hollers back. "Damerons! We got it!" Finn yells.

Poe pulls a lever and we zoom through the tunnels as TIEs begin shooting at us. Poe hits one of the walls of ice.

"Sorry! I'm sorry!" He says.

"Poe! This is why I make you you sit co-pilot!" I yell.

"I know!" He yells backs.

"Finn! You're supposed to be getting rid of those things!" I yell.

"Got one!" He says.

"How many are left?" I deadpan.

"Too many!" Finn answers.

"Great! Just great!" I huff.

Chewie growls. "What?" Poe asks.

"Finn can shoot them with the cannons facing up and us facing down," I say. "Switch me!"