↣ chapter nineteen

I stand beside my mother listening to Poe on the comms. Poe flys closer and closer towards the dreadnaught.

Alone.

Worry settles in me. What if something happens? I mean it's Poe for Force sake, but it's still him versus the entire First Order.

~•~

3𝘳𝘥 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘷𝘪𝘦𝘸: 𝘗𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘋𝘢𝘺...

"Happy beeps here, buddy. Come on," Poe says. "We've pulled crazier stunts than this."

"Just for the record here Commander Dameron, I'm with the droid on this one," Leia says.

"Thank you for your support, General," Poe says sarcastically. Poe takes a deep breath before muttering to himself, "Happy beeps."

"Attention. This is Commander Poe Dameron of the Republic fleet. I have an urgent communicate for General Hunter."

"Patch him through," General Cydney Hunter says. "This is General Hunter of the First Order. The Republic is no more. Your fleet are Rebel scum and war criminals. Tell your precious princess there will be no terms, there will be no surrender."

"Hi. I'm holding for General Hunter," Poe says.

In the Rebel transport, Amaya Solo stifles a laugh. She can't help the small giggle that escapes her mouth at her fiancé's antics. She's worried but her fiancé always seems to relieve her nerves.

"This is Hunter. You and your friends are doomed. We will wipe your filth from the galaxy," General Hunter says.

"Okay. I'll hold," Poe says causing Amaya to falter from her professional state, yet again.

"Hello?" Cydney asks.

"Hello. Yup, I'm still here," Poe says. Amaya continues to bite her lip trying to contain her laughter.

"Can you- Can he hear me?" Cydney looks down at the woman who started the call with Poe. She nods.

"Hunter?"

"He can?" The woman nods at Cydney again.

"With an H?" Poe asks. "Skinny girl. Beautiful,  but kinda pasty," he continues.

"I can hear you. Can you hear me?" Cydney asks getting irritated with the pilot.

"Look, I can't hold forever. If you reach her, tell her Leia has an urgent message for her. . ."

"I believe he's tooling with you, ma'am," an officer says to Cydney.

". . .about her mother," Poe says.

"Open fire!" Cydney yells.

"BB-8, punch it!" Poe yells to his droid. BB-8 beeps and the black modified T-70 starfighter shoots through the sky. "Whoo hoo, that's got a kick!"

~•~

𝘈𝘮𝘢𝘺𝘢: 𝘗𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘋𝘢𝘺: 30 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘰𝘭𝘥...