↣ chapter eleven

𝘊𝘺𝘥𝘯𝘦𝘺: 𝘗𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘋𝘢𝘺: 29 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘰𝘭𝘥...

I stand before the First Order on Starkiller Base giving my speech Ben demanded me to.

"Today is the end of the Republic! The end of a regime that acquiesces to disorder. At this very moment, in a system far from here, the New Republic lies to the galaxy while secretly supporting the treachery of the loathsome Resistance. This fierce machine which you have built upon and which we stand will bring an end to the Senate! To their cherished fleet! All remaining systems will bow to the First Order! And will remember this as the last day of the Republic!" I say with as much enthusiasm as I can muster.

I don't want to be responsible for the death of Ben's mother and sister. Hell, I don't want to be responsible for any deaths at all. I'm only here because Ben wants me here.

The troopers all raise their arms in agreement. Everyone turns to the innocent planet before us.

"FIRE!" I scream.

The red blast shoots from the planet where we stand and I watch in slight horror as the beam heads straight for the innocent planet and their moons. I watch as the planet explodes. I grimace at the thought of all the unknowing citizens that lost their lives.

I stand in my place and clench my fists behind my back. Don't show emotion. You're supposed to want this. It's what Ben wants.

~•~

𝘈𝘮𝘢𝘺𝘢: 𝘗𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘋𝘢𝘺: 30 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘰𝘭𝘥...

𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗗𝗔𝗬𝗦 𝗔𝗙𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗣𝗢𝗘 𝗪𝗔𝗞𝗘𝗦 𝗨𝗣. . .

"Commander?" The doctor enters the room and Poe and I look at her. "You are to be released today. You can begin going on missions again, just do so with caution."

"Yes ma'am," Poe says.

"You're free to go," she says. Poe and I stand and walk out of the room hand in hand.

"You excited to be able to hop in your cockpit again?" I ask.

"Of course!" He smiles like a little kid.

"Dameron! Solo! We have a mission for you!" Mom yells. "Suit up!"

Poe and I share a glance and dash off to our rooms. I change into my flight suit and grab my helmet. "Come on Dee Gee! Let's go!"

I meet Poe in the hallway. We run to the launch pad together. My mom awaits us by our ships to fill us in. "Welcome back, Black Leader. Alright you two, we're headed to Takodana. We need to help take out the First Order."

"Yes ma'am!" Poe and I put on our helmets and jump in our ships that are already started, thanks to a few of our team members.

"Be safe out there you two," I hear my mom say through our communicators.

"Will do," I say.

"Love you, Cosmo," Poe says. I look to my right to see him grinning at me.

"Love you too, Flyboy," I smile back.

We lift ourselves off the ground with our squadrons following. We fly out of the atmosphere and start our countdown to hyperspace.

"3... 2... 1!" Poe and I count together. Our squadrons and we all jump at the same time. I look down at the planet to see red and green blasts coming from multiple directions.