Scared

The day was almost over and the two boys where sitting side by side in an art lesson, basically a free lesson since no body ever does anything.

Hide hadn't taken his eyes off Kaneki since this morning. And Kaneki hadn't looked away from the ground since this morning. He hadn't said a word apart from

"Yes", "no" and "thank you..."

Hide had a strong feeling this had something to do with their new form teacher. He tried asking Kaneki what was wrong but when he did...he cried. Hide didn't want to push it any further so he just stayed close to Kaneki and held his hand whenever he looked out of it.

Kaneki was staring at his blank art book page. Bored. Tired. Confused. And scared. He could see Hide staring at him from the corner of his eye but forgot about it after a while. His chest felt tight, almost like someone was pulling on the inside of his chest. Kaneki put his head on the table and closed now watering eyes. He didn't know what to do. He didn't know what he could do. And he didn't know when they'll take Hide away from him.

Hide rest his hand on kaneki's head, playing with the snow white hair in between his fingers. He was trying to calm him down. He knew he was crying right now. Hide could always tell. He claimed he had a superpower connecting both of them, or they might just truly be soul mates.

"You're ok Kaneki, nothing's going to happen to you...or me" Hide said quietly. He knew he had to add that last part about him as well or Kaneki would start to worry more.

"Can you tell me what's going on when we get home?" He said, laying his head on the table next to Kaneki, staring at his paper white hair.

Kaneki tensed up but relaxed rather quickly before letting out a wary "ok"

Kaneki stood up and looked at Hide. His eyes red and puffy and his hair stuck to his forehead. "I'm going to the toilets" he mummbled.

"I-ill go with you" Hide jumped out from his seat and followed Kaneki out the door without any permission from the teacher whatsoever.

As they wandered down the schools corridors trying to find the bathroom and certain figure came around the corner of corridor.

Kaneki stood still. His heart beating faster than ever and his legs shaking.

Hide turned to Kaneki and his eyes widened.

"Kaneki..." he whispered.

Kaneki turned his head slowly and looked at Hide. He was pointing to his eye.

When the tall figure realised what hide ment, a smirk took place on their face.

"So you still cant control it can you?" Rize said coldly.

Hide frowned at the purple haired woman in front of him. "I think we should leave" he said putting his arm behind kanekis back and gently guiding him forward.

Kaneki stared at the floor with one hand over his eye and the other around his stomach. He felt like he was going to puke.

Rize rolled her eyes and stepped aside knowing that there where multiple cameras dotted around the school.

Hide guided Kaneki past her but glaring at the new teacher as they made their way out the door.

Once they finally reached the schools bathroom Hide pulled Kaneki to the floor to let him relax.

"Kaneki?" Hide placed his hand gently on top of the Nekos "You know your eye is really pretty right?" He said smiling.

Kaneki looked up at Hide. His eye back to its natural state. But still red and puffy from crying.

Hide cupped Kanekis face and grinned at him. "You're really cute y'know"

Kaneki looked away from Hide but smiled slightly before Hide pulled him into a hug, resting kanekis head on his shoulder.

"Hide?" The smaller male said quietly.

"Mhmm?" Hide hummed in response.

"I don't know what to do...I'm scared..."

"I know...I can tell. But you'll be fine, I promise" Hide pushed Kaneki gently away from him, holding his shoulders and smiling.

Kaneki nodded. A small smile showing on his face.

~~~~~~~~

iM sOrRy tHaT tHiS tOoK lItErAl yEaRs UHM.

Truth be told I kInDa forgot about this FanFic 🗿 and may or may not have started to write another 👁👄👁💧

New fanfic is UshiTen btw for my dear haikyuu Worshippers 💃

N e ways, hope u enjoyed this RLY short chapter ✌😔