cafe

(Side note- Hinami is the same age as Kaneki, Hide and touka)

"Kaneko you ready?" Hide shouted from the front door, swinging his keys around his finger.

Kaneki came sprinting down the stairs in his new clothes and shoes. "H-hide?" He said.

"Mm?" Hide looked at Kaneki.

The neko looked down and pointed at his shoe laces. "I- umm..."

"Sit down, I'll do them" Hide said.

The ginger haired male got down on his knees and did the Nekos show laces.

"Done, now let's go before it gets dark" Hide opened the door and let Kaneki out first.

Anteiku was the name of the cafe. It was a coffee shop. Hide had always liked going there, it's also the cafe that touka works in. He used to go on weekends all the time to see touka and her friend Hinami but stopped going when he moved to secondary school. He still went now and again, but not so frequently. He wasnt sure if touka was working there today or not but he was going to take Kaneki anyways.

"Are we there yet?" Kankei said looking at Hide.

"Just another minute or so" Hide looked back at Kaneki

"Ok" Kaneki smiled.

Hides face felt a little hot watching Kaneki smile. What was that? He thought.

"Is this it?" Kaneki said pointing to a small two story high building.

"Yup" Hide smiled, he flung his hands behind his head and walked towards it.

He pushed it open with his hands.

"Hide? Is that you?" A familiar voice came from. It was a man's voice.

"Yoshimura?" Hide responded.

A tall older man stood up from behind the cafe counter holding and kettle. It was Yoshimura, the owner of Anteiku.

"Glad to see you're back, and with a new friend" Yoshimura smiled.

"Ah yeah, this is Kaneki" Hide said pulling Kaneki forward a bit.

Kaneki gave a small wave. "H-hi..." he said quietly.

"A shy one aren't you, you must be the Neko?" Yoshimura questioned.

"How did you know??" Hide raised his voice a bit.

"Ah, touka accidentally slipped up. She got really excited that theres finally another Neko" He said happily.

"Oh, so you know about Juuzou as well then?" Hide said calmly.

"Yeah, She can never keep it to her self" He chuckled. "Go take a seat you two, I'll get Hinami to take your orders" Yoshimura made his way to what seemed to be the back room.

The two boys too a seat next to window.

Shortly after, a younger female came out of the back room wearing her apron and smiling.

"Hey, Hinami!" Hide waved.

She smiled and walked over. "Hey Hide, you're back"

"Yup" he smiled.

"And whos this?" She said smiling.

"Oh that's Kaneki, you may know him from touka skipping up" He said pointing at Kaneki.

"Oh yeah" she giggled.

Hinami took their orders and walked over to Yoshimura. He started to brew the coffee and Hinami got the desserts.