Mums Home

Kaneki had stopped crying not too long ago. He had fallen back asleep on Hides chest. And Hide had layed him back on the bed and placed the blanket back over him as Kaneki slept quietly. A few dry tears remind on his face, so Hide had gone into the bathroom to grab a warm flannel before wiping his cheek lightly.

Hide had made his way downstairs after making sure Kaneki was sleeping comfortably and decided to make some food for when his mum comes home.

He pulled out his phone and flicked through his songs so he can dance a little and sing along whilst making the food. Just to make sure he doesn't get bored y'know.

He finally found the song that had been stuck in his head since it came out not too long ago.

Strawberry Lipstick by YUNGBLUD

He pressed play on his phone and started to take out all the ingredients that he needed to make food for his mother. One of his most favourite people in the world.

"So take it easy, take it easy, take it easy giiirl..." Hide sung quietly whilst frying the rice in the pan. He decided he would make fried rice with chopped up hot dogs and veg in it.

"Take it easy, take it easy on me..." Hide started to sway his head back and forth holding the spatula in his hand.

Hide held the peice of equipment up to his lips using it as a microphone as he sang rather loudly "I know your sooo hard to pleaaasseee~~ so take it easy take it easy on meee!!" Hide had a wide smile plastered across his face as he sung with all his heart.

He wasnt that bad at singing, he was just never that confident about it so he never really got any better. And he never really tried to hit those high notes, just in case his voice decided to crack or something. He didnt want to hear that.

"You can have it all!! If you dont take my heeaaarrrtt~~!" Hide was now singing without a care in the world but what he hadn't noticed is that Kaneki was watching him from by the steps, smiling widely as he watched Hide have fun.

"You can have it aalll! If you, you take it easy take it easy on mee! You take it easy take it easy on meee...." Hide had sung the finally few words before catching his breath as the song finished.

Kaneki started to clap rather loudly in the background which caused Hide to jump a mile.

"GAH!" Hide held his hand on his chest.

Kaneki was grinning brightly.

"H-how long have you been there?" Hide asked, scratching the back of his neck in embarrassment.

"A while" Kaneki said happily.

Hide sulked a little bit and turned back around to the frying pan.

"Don't tell anyone about this ok?" Hide said sighing.

"Tell anyone what?"

A female voice had emerged from the front door. It was a calming voice that was on the higher pitched side.

Hide flung around and a smile took over.

"Mum!" Hide abandoned the food and ran over to his mum grabbing her in a tight hold. Almost looking like he was about to Rugby takle her.

Kaneki quickly hid by the sofa, only just being able to see the top of his head.

"I'm back!" Hides mum said hugging him back, messing up his hair.

Hides mum was tall with the same brown that faded into ginger hair, all though it wasnt messy like Hides. She had bright brown eyes that almost looked like honey and she had sun kissed skin. It look so soft to the touch.