Chapter 18

I was wearing the dress with some converse, my brown hair was pulled back into a ponytail. I was staring at my phone in the lobby like an idiot.
It was 4.56PM, Greyson could be here any minute now.
I felt so nervous.
My palms starts so sweat.
Gosh, I need to calm down.
Inhale exhale.
Am I even breathing?
Then I saw him enter the door. He was wearing a light blue buttoned up shirt and some black pants. His hair was a little messy and he looked so hot.
Omg he saw me.
Calm down.
Act cool.
I think I forgot how to breath.
I could die.
He's getting closer.
Help.
I started to bite my lips.
Oh shit, I ruined my lipstick.
Oh well.
"Hey!" he said, giving me that smile of his.
"H-hi" I said awkwardly.
I stared at his eyes. I could look at it all day. Man his hair oh I can't even asdfghjkl.
"Katie?" He asked snapping me out of my thoughts.
"huh?" I asked confusedly.
"I asked you if you were ready"
"Oh. umm yeah"
Great job, Kat! I said scarcasticly in my head.
I should get 'The most awkward person' award.
Because I was too smart and to busy talking to myself, I didn't realize that Greyson was asking me if I'm okay.
"Yeah, sorry" I said "shall we go?"
"Yeah, c'mon" He said and started walking.
We went in to his black Honda car. It felt so warm. And it smells like cinnamon, just like him. Yumm.
The whole car ride was not as I expected. We kind of talked a lot and joked a lot. Greyson turned to be a funny person.
We arrived at the carnival at around 6PM.

"So umm. Is Ashley like, single?" He asked while we were walking around.
"Yeah" I said taking a piece from my cotton candy that I bought earlier. Sweet.
"Is she like, seeing someone?" He asked.
I was getting so annoyed that the seemed to be more interested on knowing Ashley, rather than me.
"No"
Then it went on. He kept asking questions about Ashley. Like, what's her favorite color, food, book, movie and blablabla.
Then he asked this, "Do you think she likes me?"
BOOM.
That hurts. I never thought that he would ask that.
I really like him.
"Idk" I answered shortly.
"You okay?"
I felt angry and sad. My eyes started to blur and I forced myself to hold back the tears.
I took a deep breath and said, "To be honest, no." I paused and looked at him, his eyes widen in confusion "I don't get it, okay? I like you. Don't you see that? And now you're here asking questions about my best friend. If you like her, tell me from the first place. I'm sick of it" I said sounding angry.
"I-I didn't know tha-" he said but I left.
I fast-walk as far as I can. Then I stopped because my legs started hurting. Tears started to fall from my eyes.
Why do I always fall for the wrong person?
Why do I always break?
And the worst thing was... Greyson didn't even try to follow me.
That hurts.
After gaining some strength, I dialed Ashley's number.
"Ash?" I asked.
"Yes?" She asked, she seems to be with some friends.
"Can u pick me up?"
"I thought you were with Greyson"
"Long story. Can you?"
"The car is with Clayton, I'll ask him to pick you up"
"Bu-"
Then she hung up.
How am I going to survive a 1-hour long ride with Clayton after what happened this morning?!
I sighed and shoved my phone back in my bag.

About an hour later, the car finally came. It was already dark and my eyes were red from crying. And I was freezing.
Rubbing my hands, I walked in to the car and sat there. Clayton looked at me, he looked so tired and his hair was messy. But he still look nice.
We just stare at the darkness in front of us. The tension between us was unbearable.
"Look, I'm sorry." I finally say, breaking the silence.
"I'm sorry too, it's my fault that I was a jerk the other day" he replied.
I looked at him and said, "So we're cool?"
"Yeah"
It felt silent again.
"So.. Um, what happened?" He asked.
I shook my head.
"Well, I'm not going to drive id you won't tell me"
I sighed and rolled my eyes.

~
Vote&Comment what u think!

-Fe