Chapter 8

I felt bad for Clayton, I really do. Not only because I saw him broke and watch his (ex)girlfriend cheat on him, because I know how it feels. And believe me, the hurt is unbearable. As cliché as this sounds, it felt like a part of me was gone.

"What a slut," Ashley shook her head angrily.

"Clayton?" I asked.

He looked up to look at me but didn't say anything. He looked sad, angry, disappointed and empty.

"Forget about her okay? You deserve someone better," I gave him a small smile. Even though I still feel incredibly hurt from what happened between Josh and I, what's important now is to cheer Clayton up.

"Cheer up! We're gonna find someone better for you, both of you." Ashley grinned. Clayton forced a sad smile but didn't say anything, Ashley and I understand that.

We ended up having breakfast in this café in the mall at 09.00. I ordered bacon and scrambled egg and drank milk, Clayton ordered the same. While Ashley ordered some bread and fruits with apple juice, shocker? All I know was Ashley loved pancake.

Clayton's phone then rang. All of our attention turned to his phone that is ringing on the table. We all know who called, Meredith obviously. Clayton's eyes widen, Ashley and I gave him a look.

"Put it on speaker," Ashley ordered and Clayton obeyed her. We went silent, focusing on the phone.

After a moment of silence on the end of the line, Meredith finally said something.

"Clayton?"

"Yes?" Clayton's face glew, even though Meredith just broke him.

"I called to.. um.. apologize"she paused. "I am so.."

"Don't you dare say that you're sorry and you wouldn't do it again. Everything you say is bullshit, you don't deserve him," Ashley interrupted, making some heads turn to our direction.

"Stay out of this, Ashley." Meredith said."um.. I re.."

"No, Meredith" Clayton said looking bitter. "Ashley's right. I don't want to hear anymore of your bullshit. Go make out with anyone you want. Because we're over." And he hunged up.

Clayton glanced at us then continued eating like nothing happened.

"Wow." Ashley said.
Clayton's phone then rang and rang and rang. He shook his head and turned off his phone before shoving it back to his pocket.

"Fuck her" He said sighing.
But I know that he still cares about her. That he was trying to turn his sadness into anger, his eyes still explains clearly that deep inside he's broken.

"Hey, wanna go to the bookstore?" I asked when we're done with eating.

"Sure." Clayton said plainly with a small smile.

When we arrived at the bookstore, my mood lightened up, and so did Clayton's - well I think. I've always loved going to bookstores, even if I don't buy the books, I just loved looking at books.

"I'll be in the magazine section!" Ashley said.

Clayton and I walked in and went to the young adult section. When it comes to YA books, I can't control myself from wanting to buy all of them.

I was just looking around and there it was, the 3 holy books. Divergent, Insurgent and Allegiant. I loved that series, the plot was just amazing, the love story was to die for. Even though the ending is just no.

"Have you read the divergent series?" Clayton seemed to notice me staring at it.

"Yeah, I love it."

"Then you would want this." He said handing me a book with 'FOUR' in its cover.Oh! Its the short stories where its with four's point of view.

"Thank you! I always wanted this book! You read this series too?" I squeaked in excitement.

He smiled,"Yeah, could you like.. find me a book?"

"Hmm.. let me see" I searched through the shelf.

"This." I said handing him a copy of The Fault in Our Stars.

He smirks.

"What? Don't call me girly or whatever but this book is the bomb. Literally the bomb." I said.

"I've heard of it. I think there's a movie, right?" He said taking the book.

"Yeah, maybe we could watch it after you finish the book"

"Great"

We then payed and saw Ashley waiting in front of the bookstore.

"So, where should we go now?" I asked.

~
I edited yasss.

Comment&Vote!!

Loveee,
Fe