Chapter 5

"Matching tattoos for the beautiful couple!" The tattoo man shouted in a singing tone as he walked closer to us with two tattoos in his hands. He somehow thought that we are a couple, probably because we're sitting incredibly close right now.

"Oh, no no no. We're not a couple, just friends." Clayton explained.

"No no, take it. You both remind me of my wife and I when we were still dating," the man insisted as he placed that tattoos on Clayton's hand.

"Umm.. Thank you, sir." Clayton replied with a confused voice.

I just smiled at the man as he walked back to his spot.

"So you're both a couple,huh?" Ashley said scarcasticly.

"Oh shut up" I said. And Ashley just laughed and went back to taking pictures.
"Well that was awkward" Clayton said "Oh, here's yours" he added while giving me one of the tattoos.
The tattoo was a shape of a heart, no writing, no anything. Just a simple heart, put it looks pretty tho.
"Wanna put it on?" Clayton asked.
"Sure, how do we put these things on?" I asked.
"Well, I think you should remove the plastic, press it on your skin and dab with a wet tissue or something"
"Wow, how do you know these things?"
"Yeah, I have a little sister back home"
"Oh, she must be cute. Here's a tissue and a bottle of water" I said handing it to him.
"Okay, let me help you put it on. Where do you want it?"
"Hmm. Here." I said rolling my sleeves up, I always wanted a tattoo there, but I just don't know what to put.
"Okay" He said.
After he dabbed some water, he removed the paper and there it is, a heart.
"Well that turned out pretty" I said.
"Yeah" he said while putting on his tattoo.
"Do you need help?" I asked.
"I got this" He said.
His tattoo turned out great too. Not that we're a couple or anything. Friends get matching tattoos too right?
"Say cheese!" Ashley said taking our pictures.
Then Ashley talked about me and Clayton being a couple, even that we are not dating and Clayton has a girlfriend. I just zoned out and i imagine myself in the beach with Josh, having matching tattoos and just thinking about him makes me both sad and happy. But then i tried to push him out of my mind.
I took my phone out of my bag and there was a text from Josh.
"Hey<3" He said.
"That asshole, don't answer that, Katie. You saw him with another girl" Ashley said.
"Yeah, he's not worth it" Clayton added.
Since when did they become my love doctors?
Then i just thought, why would Josh text me? And with a heart? Is he playing with me? Do Josh want to hurt me again? Do Josh want to break me? But I'm already broken.
Before I start to cry, I just put my phone back to my bag without answering his text.
Clayton clapped.
"Now that's my girl!" Ashley said while patting my back.