Ch.5 Did we cuddle?

Lucia
She looks surprised by my question. What if she's straight and thinks I'm flirting with her oh my god. Maybe I should play it off as me just being nice. Before the silence could get anymore awkward I tell her "I mean so I can repay you for all you've done for me." She looks relieved, that kinda hurted me though

   Before I can overthink more she smiles and gives me her number. I smile because her smile is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I would pay so much to see that smile everyday.

   She grabs my hand and pulls me towards her bedroom. Once we're inside she turns the lights on and I see her room.

    I look around a little bit

    I look around a little bit. I tell her that her rooms nice. She smiles at me and thanks me. Before I can observe more she hands me a black T-shirt and some black basketball shorts. I thank her then go to the bathroom to change.

     Once I get to the bathroom I undress careful to not mess with gauze covering my bicep. I put on the clothes then go to her bedroom and knock on the door. 

      She lets me in then goes back to her bed and says "I'm tired which side of the bed do you want?" I look at her surprised that she would let me sleep in her bed.

I tell her "I can just sleep on the floor you don't have to share your bed with me." She looks at me tiredly and pouts, oh my god I thought her smile was cute.

She says "Dude just get in the bed it's not that serious." I smile at her and lay in her bed on the left side opposite of her. She gets up and turns lights off before laying in bed next to me.

Im dozing off when I hear her whisper a question for me "What's your favorite color?" I smile in the darkness and answer equally as quiet "blue what about you?" So much for her being tired.

She answers "Lilac. Where are you from I noticed you have a accent?" I'm surprised she had to ask my accent is very prominent since I've only been living in the states for a few years.

I answer "I'm Italian I haven't lived here long." I start to think she fell asleep before she starts to giggle out of nowhere.

She says "sorry I just feel stupid for not realizing that." I giggle with her before asking her another question "What type of doctor are you?" She answers animatedly "Right now I'm a resident. But I'm working towards being a pediatric surgeon." 

I smile at how happy she seems talking about her job. I say "you must like children to do that job." She answers still excited about being able to talk about her job "Yeah I really do. I don't think I want my own though but I would love to adopt a child."

Before I can respond she asks me about how I feel about children and I respond honestly. "I love children I just don't think I would have my own either. Anyways we should get some sleep."

She doesn't respond a few minutes later I hear her breathing deepen. She was already asleep I say to her even though she's sleep " goodnight salvatrice."

I wake up to the feeling of someone's body almost on top of mine. I open my eyes and see me and Sage are cuddling. Her legs are wrapped around mine and my arms are around her waist. I close my eyes again because I am very comfortable. Before I could fall asleep her alarm turns on, I assume it's time for her to go to work.

I gently shake her and whisper "dolcezza it's time to wake up." She hugs me tighter I chuckle and say it a bit louder. She wakes up and looks up at me. She looks confused for a second before asking me "did we cuddle all night?" I nod yes and smile when I notice her heart is beating faster. She gets out of bed and leaves the room I'm assuming she went to shower.

I look at the time on the clock and see it's only 5am. I feel bad she had to stay up last night helping me. I lay in her bed and scroll through Tiktok waiting for her to get out of the shower.

45 minutes later she comes in the room wearing nothing but a towel. I can't stop myself from staring at her long legs. I watch her walk into her closet and shut the door. Damn I must seem like a creep, I know how uncomfortable it is to have someone you barely know staring at you.

She walks out of the closet wearing dark blue scrubs, and her hair in a bun. She walks over to me with a sweet smile on her face. Once she gets less than a foot away from me she asks "Can you do me a favor?"

She didn't even have to ask she had saved me and my closest friend. I would do almost anything for her. I nod my head yes, I know if I were to speak out loud my voice would crack.

She smiles then asks me if I could drive her to work. I'm so happy I thought she would ask me to do something crazy not that I wouldn't do it anyways. I tell her yes and she hugs me surprisingly. I hug her back and we just sit there for a few minutes. Then she leans back staring into my eyes. I notice hers are a less chocolate and more of a auburn color. She leans down and presses her lips to mine quickly before telling me we need to leave.

We go into living room and wake Mark up, she tells me he will likely need our help getting into the car. He gets up and we both help him into the backseat of my car. I get in the drivers seat while she gets in the passenger seat. She gives me directions, and we drive for about 10 minutes. I pull into a parking space and she turns towards me.

She says to me "Thank you, we should hang out sometime under different circumstances."
I smile at her and nod my head in agreement. She gets out the car and I wait for her to get inside before driving to the compound. Me and Mark need to discuss what happened.