Ch.16 Guardian

May 8, 2019
Sage

    It's been almost two weeks since the night at the club. Since then me and Brianna have been living with Lucia at first things were a little awkward. But it's gotten better over time. Lucia gave Brianna a bedroom across the hall from ours so I could check in on her at all times. Sharing a bedroom with Lucia was nice considering her room is beautiful.

   After my time off from work ran out I started back going but since Xavior was still out there Lucia didn't want me going alone or really at all. It took hours for me to convince her I'd be safe at work but she didn't want to jeopardize my safety so we came to a compromise. I would only work during the day and I would try to only work 5 days a week.

   Right now it's 7am so Lucias getting ready for work and I'm getting Brianna ready so she can go to day care. Since me and Lucia work we haven't been able to spend much time together but this weekend we plan to stay in and watch movies together.

"Babe do you know where my white belt is?" Lucia asks yelling from our bedroom. I'm pretty sure she wore it to work a few days ago. "Yes dear if it's not under the bed check under the couch remember we left it there after yesterday's activities."
Since I've moved in me and Lucia have been in the honeymoon phase of our relationship. Pretty much we can't keep our hands off of each other.

Lucia walks into the room wearing black slacks with a white blazer and a white belt. She gives me the look letting me know we about to have some morning sex. "Tesoro can you come into the room with me for a minute." I nod biting my lip then put Lucia onto her playpen and grab the baby monitor.

When I get our bedroom Lucia has the white belt in her hands and is only wearing a bra and thong. She beckons me over with her finger and I climb onto our bed at her request.

Once I'm on the bed she crawls on top of me so she's straddling my uncovered waist. She leans down and gives me a kiss then she goes lower and starts to suck on my neck hitting my spot. I let out a quiet moan and she sucks on the spot again making me moan louder.

Lucia grabs at the end of my shirt and I lean forward so she can take it off. I'm laying there completely nude when Lucia leans down ready to taste the skin on my breast.

When she gets a call she ignores the first one but they continue to call so she gets off of me and answers.

I put my shirt on then grab my bag and go to Brianna's room when I see she's walking  inside her crib leaning against it. Awh she's getting old enough to walk on her own. I take a few quick pictures for Monica so at least she could know about her baby growing up.

    After I drop Brianna off at the daycare across the street from my job I check in to work and get started on my rounds. I only have a few more weeks as a resident then I can go work at any pediatric hospital I would like. I'm probably gonna stay at this hospital though at least until I know what's going on with Monica. I've tried to call her a few more times even got into contact with a few of her old friends nobodies talked to her since she dropped Brianna off at my place.

   Once 3pm hits it's time for me to go pick up Brianna then meet Lucia at the house. I drive over to the daycare to pick up Brianna. When I walk in I see someone in dirty clothes holding her. I walk over to them then I see it's my sister she's shaking like she's high.

   "Monica?" I ask I try to control the disgusted look on my face. This isn't the first time Monica has turned to drugs to ease her sorrows. I just thought her recovery was better.

"Hey little sis I just wanted to see her one last time before I go away." She says this while scratching her neck and I already know there is no way I'll be able to give her daughter back to her.

"What do you mean go away, Monica she's your daughter you can't leave her forever." She smiles at me with tears in her eyes. "I know but for now I know I wont be coming back to her anytime soon so I brought some stuff you might need for her as she gets older. She turns 2 on May 23rd I know she's a late bloomer but I'm guessing she is walking by now." She hands me a grocery bag and Brianna then leaves.

We get into the car and I start to cry. I know this may seem extra but that's my only sister. When we were little she took care of me. She was the first person in my family I came out to and she accepted me with no hesitation. So yes I sat in my car crying for her crying for my niece because they are my only family left.

After 15 minutes of crying I drive back to Lucias apartment. Once we get onto the elevator I press the finger print scanner and go up to Lucias floor. When we moved in Lucia had my finger prints added to her elevator.

Once we get inside we go into the kitchen and I cut Brianna up some apples then take her into her bedroom so she could watch cartoons for a little while. I sit on the floor in her room and start going through the bag of documents Monica gave me.

Most of it was just normal stuff like her immunization card and birth certificate but then I saw the bottom paper and it was a document signing her guardianship over to me. I read the document and it says Monica is considering herself unfit to be a mother for the time being and I am the official guardian of Brianna

Around an hour later Lucia gets home and I tell her about my day. She urges me to sign the document since it's what Monica wants. "Cara it wouldn't be much different than what your already doing. You already act as a guardian and if Monica gets off the drugs you can let her have guardianship again."

I agree with what she says but still I'm nervous to suddenly to be a mom of sorts.

~~~~~~~~ Authors Questions ~~~~~~~

So what's y'all favorite color?

What's your opinion on Monica?

How do y'all like the book so far?