Chapter 2 - Rationality

The midnight sky was gloomy, the stars seemed to shine brighter than before. Time passed by like a breeze, Bulma was still laying powerless on the dusty floor of the mansion. The wind blew through her hair shuffling them on her fair face. The young woman felt a chill down her spine alerting her. She lifted herself up with some difficulty as she was still in shock. She turned and looked at the half-open door of the office, taking a few steps toward it as the wooden duckboards creaked. She stood outside of the office for a second, pushed the door slowly, and looked inside. 'What were they looking for?' A thought crossed her mind. A deadly silence was still surrounding the place, Bulma was all alone. Just then she realized that she has been gone for a while now they will be missing her.

"Bulma where were you all this time?" Her mom said as she saw her stepping into the dining room.

"I got lost looking for the bathroom." She said as an excuse for her lateness.

"All this time? Ah, doesn't matter came sit with us." Her naïve mom replied to her.

"No, I rather go mom, I'm not feeling well. Goodnight." She turned around and left in a hurry.

"Wait Bulma," Panchy shouted at her in vain.

"That was unusual of her to just leave like that. Wasn't it honey?" The blond women address her husband.

The blue-haired woman went back to her house exhausted, she found her way to the bed and laid down. Her head was killing her. Thoughts were coming and going like a thunder, she couldn't wrap her head around what just happened. The urge to talk to someone about this whole event was circling her. Why would the boss of such a cruel syndicate, that cost so many life's due to the drugs and guns, spare her life? She couldn't hold it inside of her any longer, she grabbed the phone and hesitantly dialed a number.

Bulma: Hey, did I wake you?

"Yeah you did, what's up with you calling at this time? Did something happen?" Goku replied drowsing.

Bulma: Actually Goku, it did.

Goku: What is it?

Bulma: It's just, I don't know if I should tell.

Goku: You called me at this time to tell me that you don't know if you should talk to me?

Bulma: I am sorry, it was stupid just forget it. It's not that important.

Goku: Bulma I have known you for seven years and for you to call me at this time it must be important so tell me what happened and I'm not taking no for an answer.

Bulma: Okay fine, listen tonight I was at a dinner at Fujita's mansion with my parents, unfortunately, and at some point, i found an excuse to go for a smoke and I saw two heavyset men coming out of his office holding guns.

Goku: Who were they?

Bulma swallowed nervously before replying, "they were... members of the Saiyajin syndicated."

"You serious? Did those bastards do anything to you?" Goku sounded shocked.

Bulma replied in a whispering voice, "they didn't hurt me." She paused for a second, "the one call Vegeta threaten to kill me because I saw them, but he didn't do it, he just took off."

Goku: What are you saying Bulma, those assholes do not show mercy to anyone.

Bulma: Well they did to me; I don't know why. To tell you the truth I felt like he didn't want to kill me.

Goku replied in a narky voice "I doubt that, he is just a merciless freak."

Bulma: Wow! it's not like you to act like that, you sound like they did something to you.

Goku: It's just that they put you in harm.

Bulma: Thanks for your concern but you don't have to worry, I'm fine now Goku. I just had to talk to someone, get it out of my chest.

Goku: You did well. If anything else happens let me know all right?

Bulma: Sure, but really don't worry. I'm going to bed, goodnight.

She hung up the phone and let herself fall back in the bed. She stared at the ceiling persistently as if it was going to answer her questions. The only thought on her mind was why didn't he kill her, why he showed mercy to her? After all, the only thing she ever heard about them is how merciless and evil they are, so why spare her? The charming woman sank her head in the pillow as a disturbing thought crossed her mind. 'What if he had decided to pull the trigger. What would have happened then?'

In the Saiyajin headquarters

The two restless men just pulled up, Vegeta got out of the car immediately and headed inside. Ratiz grabbed the permit and rush behind him and said loudly, "where are you going? I thought we were going to take care of the business in the west side tonight."

Vegeta ignored his second at rank comrade and proceed to his office.

Napa, another comrade of theirs in charge of the weaponry, saw him passing by and went his way ."Yo, Vegeta was shit cool tonight?" He asked.

Vegeta neglected to answer to either of them and went in his office, took off his ripped jacket and threw it at his desk. Ratiz went inside and put the permit at Vegeta's office and replied to Napa that was still waiting for an answer, "yeah, we found the permit, we just bumped up to a woman."

Napa turn his head at Rariz and asked in his joking manner, "A woman? What did you bang her or something?"

"Shut up Napa" was heard from Vegeta.

Napa was startled, "what? Did I say something wrong boss?" He replied in a serious tone.

Vegeta glowered at him and answered, "Both of you get the fuck out of my office."

Ratiz at once said, "Sorry boss" and rushed out the door. Napa apologize too and followed behind Ratiz.

The young leader poor a glass of Irish whisky, sat at his desk and light his cigar. He was looking at the dim lights of the city through the glass panels in his office. He took a sip from his drink and said to himself "Who the fuck was that woman, she didn't once beg for her life as I would expect a woman like her to do.' The young boss was troubled by Bulma's behavior it was the first time encountered such a fierce woman. 'Should I have pulled the trigger?' That was the last thought that crossed his mind. 

Thanks for reading, don't forget to vote and leave a comment for anything you liked or didn't like. Also, make sure to keep on reading because a lot more interesting and fascinating chapters are coming. Will Vegeta pull the trigger after all? Once again, thank you please show me some support to continue writing.