Chapter 13 - The gunshot wound

The four people just pulled up at Bulma's house. As soon as the car stopped everyone rushed over to her lab with Ratiz carefully carrying Vegeta, who was pressing his rips half awake, leaving a trail of blood behind him. Once in her med-bay Ratiz placed his boss at the operating table as the young woman disinfected her hands and prepaid whatever tools she found. Ratiz started disinfecting the wound as he was asked to do by Bulma. Vegeta yelped a little but he was pulling through fine.

The young woman said to herself, 'okey Bulma just calm down, you can do this.' She was standing next to the operation table, with a syringe in her hands, ready to begin. "I just ejected you with a local anesthesia, I don't have a general anesthesia, so you have to hang in there Vegeta," Bulma informed him.

Vegeta shook his head giving the okay for Bulma to begging. Ratiz and Goku were standing by ready to help. The blue-haired woman took a deep breath calming herself down and began the operation. As time went by Bulma made a small incision to take the bullet out. To her good luck the bullet was still at the surface making it easy to remove, and then she managed to stop the bleeding.

She let out a sigh of relief and said to Vegeta and by extension informing the others. "I managed to take the bullet out, you were lucky that the bullet didn't hit any internal organs which is great. Now I just need to suit you up and we're good, but for now, there is no danger."

Both Ratiz and Goku were relieved by the news.

"Do you need my help here or can go smoke 'cause I really need one," Ratiz asked Bulma.

Bulma: You can go I don't need help from now on.

Ratiz gave a gentle pad on Vegeta's arms and exited the room.

Goku: I will go talk to Ratiz.

It was passed midnight when Bulma was finally done and for some time now the room was completely silent. She just stitched and cleaned up Vegeta and asked to see how he was.

Vegeta: I'm all right, you done?

"Yeah, I just need to put a bandage on the wound," Bulma said with a faint smile on her face as she went to grab the bandages. "Can you sit up?" She asked when she finished patching him up.

Vegeta nodded his head and sat at the edge of the table.

"How does it feel?" She continued asking.

"It's fine, it was just a scratch," Vegeta replied to her.

"Chill tough guy. Here drink this." She handed him a glass of water with shaky hands.

Vegeta put it down and asked, "Why did you help me? It's obvious you have never opened someone up, so why do it for me?"

A vague laughter escaped Bulma before replying, "Except for the fact that I wouldn't let somebody die in front of me, why else do you think? Because I care."

Vegeta: Even after what I said to you?

Bulma chose not to answer to his question. Instead, she asked, "You said you wanted to talk to me about something back in the park."

"Right, listen up. The reason I came to find you it's cause I acted cowardly towards you which is something that doesn't suit me and after your help with the stabilizer you deserved better than that, so I want to clear things up with you. What I said to you the other day, about seeing you as any other bitch and all that, was a lie and I did it so you stay away from me." Vegeta replied squarely.

Bulma sat across him processing what he said and asked, "What does that mean? Is this supposed to show that you care?"

"It doesn't matter cause I still don't want you close to me I just had to come clean, and now I did." Vegeta said in his usual firm tone.