Chapter 12 - Pain

Next day

The evening sun was shying bright as Bulma woke up around 2 o'clock, as it was expected since she slept at 7 in the morning after all. She at first needed a few seconds to realize where she was. The young woman slowly got up and looked around at Vegeta's room. They weren't much there to see just a couple of weights, some clothes thrown at the floor, and a picture almost hidden behind some books. She picked it up and saw a woman with charcoal black hair and eyes just like his. 'Is this his mom? Weird I didn't a expect him to have this in his room.' She put the picture back where she found it and went to the bathroom to freshen up. Couple of minutes later she left Vegeta's bedroom entering his office. "Morning," she said playfully to Vegeta that was messing with some books on his bookshelves.

"About time." Vegeta replied without looking at her.

Bulma: Sorry for the time and thanks for giving me your bed last night, it was nice of you.

Vegeta didn't respond and continued sorting the books.

Bulma timidly walked over to his desk and sat at the chair across his desk. "Hey, about last nigh-" Bulma began saying what was on her mind since last night but Vegeta cut her short and abruptly stated to her, "forget last night."

Bulma frowned and asked, "What do you mean after the lust that both have shown you expect me to forget it?"

Vegeta said fleering, "you make me laugh woman, you really thought I had feelings for you? cause there were no feelings from my end last night. You are the one obsessed with me."

"Really right now, you gonna be such a jerk with me after what happened between us? Okey, I get it you are all snoop and responsible cause you are the boss of the Saiyajin and all, but you don't have to be 'the boss' with me. I know you are not what you show." She responded trying to reason with him.

Vegeta put the books down after hearing what she said. He turned and walked over to her, now standing in front Bulma, that was also standing up and looking into his eyes. "Listen Bulma," Vegeta started talking while looking her coldly in the eyes, "there is nothing between me and you, I don't feel shit about you and you're stupid to think you go me figured out. That kiss last night was nothing the only reason that that happened it's so I wouldn't fucking punch you. I just had to release my anger somehow and sex is as good as biting someone up, but I pulled back cause I fucked a bitch just before, so I wasn't in the mood. Get it now? Not everything is about you. I only let you in here for the stabilizer so get to work and after today I'm never seeing you again and you will never come into contact with the Saiyajin ever again. Ratiz will be with you today, I'm off."

Bulma just stood still there not able to believe her ears, Vegeta's words pain her a lot more than she would have excepted but the cold gaze he had the whole time showing the indifference that he had for her was what pained her the most.

Vegeta moved towards the door not even minding to hear a response. "I told you, you should have realized with who you dealing." He stated and left.

The young woman felt as if her heart was heavy but the worst feeling that she had at that moment was the realization that she was falling for him and even got heart- broken by him. 'How dare he play me this way; How could he just neglect me this way?'

Ratiz entered the office seeing Bulma in a state of sadness and said softly, "You mistook his intentions, didn't ya?"

Bulma snaps out of her misery by Ratiz's voice. She took a deep breath, she graded the stabilizer sat down on the couch ignoring Ratiz. He stood across the coffee table and said, "I warned you not to mistake things." As he could clearly see the pain in her eyes.