Chapter 7 - Truth

The loud alarm continued echoing all through Capsule Corp waking up the hall company. Bulma was left alone yet again lying on the cold floor of the exhibition room. Dr. Brief, that woke up from the noise, rushed at the exhibition room along with two security guards to see what was going on. The young genius, as powerless she might have been, gathered all her strength and stood on her feet so she can get of the room as it was about to get completely sealed. 

"Bulma, what is going on? Are you alright?" Dr. Briefs asked concerned for his daughter when seeing her getting out of the room.

"Yes, dad I 'm fine, I-I accidentally set of the alarm." Bulma replied in agony still trying to wrap her head around the events that occurred.

"How? What are you even doing here at this time?" Her father asked inquisitively.

"I just got this stupid idea that I didn't locked the stabilizer, so I came to check and as I was running a backup check, I accidentally set off the alarm. I 'm sorry I woke you." Bulma lied as she was not able to tell him what had really happened.

"What was noise before that then? It sounded like a something broke." Her good-hearted father asked.

"What noise? I didn't hear anything except the alarm, you must have misheard" Bulma tried to play bump but Dr. Brief wasn't that convinced as she was stunned when he asked.

"Okay...Are you sure that everything is all right with you?" Dr brief asked his daughter.

Bulma: "yeah-yes dad, I just have the concert of the stabilizer that's all. Don't worry really. You should go back to sleep; I'm staying here till the lockdown is over."

Dr. brief: you sure baby-girl?

Bulma shook her head and through on a vague smile.

Dr. Briefs: Okey then. I will live the security with you and if you need anything let me know.

Bulma: Sure thing, night.

The blue-haired woman sat at a wooden bench outside and mused of for the remaining of the lockdown. 'I couldn't tell him that the Saiyajin is after the stabilizer, he would freak out as if he doesn't have enough problems on his head already, I definitely can't involve him in this.'

The young woman sighed and continued her train of thoughts. 'For fuck sake how did things get this complicated, what should I do now? Call the police? But what can the police do against them, there is no telling what those guys are capable of and If he was telling the truth about someone above him then the police will be of no use, plus I can't mix more people in this, but what I am supposed to do, just cross my hand? God, I' m confused, I need to find out the truth, but that didn't work out well this time. Why can't I just stop messing with them, with him?'

Vegeta and Ratiz were long gone by that time. Once again Ratiz was driving to their headquarters. An uncomfortable silence was prevailing thus, Ratiz asked his childhood friend, "What da fuck happened in there?"

"The fucking alarm went on; I couldn't get that fucking stabilizer." Vegeta replied angrily

"How did that happen? I mean we already scope the place out they were no alarms." Rariz asked back.

"I know but that was an automatic lockdown system, it went on cuz I fire my gun." He replied.

"Why would you do that?" Rati asked as if he was interrogating his boss.

"Why do you think dude that woman was in the way." Vegeta answered, looking out of the window.

Ratiz: What woman? Don't fucking tell me it was that daughter of that dude.