Chap. 31 ~ Stuck in O'Khasis

"Thanks for getting us into O'Khasis, Amber." I say. "I really appreciate your help."

"You know, you and Anna could always come back to the guild, Aphmau. I'm sure the Boss wouldn't mind the extra help!" Amber suggests.

"That's nice of you Amber, but no thank you. I'm glad the Boss has found you useful and you seem to have made a home there but... Thieving isn't really my thing and you know this... Besides, Anna said she was only their to collect information, she never actually stole anything."

"Suit yourselves." Amber says. "Well, now that the easy part is over... Are your ready for the hard part?"

"What's that?"

"Making sure we don't get caught. Tu'La's got guards all over... Tread lightly or we'll have a lot more company." Amber says. "So, where are you going?"

"We're looking for Zane Ro'Meave's house. Do you know where that is?"

"Zane Ro'Meave!?" Amber whisper-yells.

"Mhm. Do you know where it is?"

"Of course I know it. Hardly a fool around here that doesn't. Come. Follow me. It's this way." Amber replies.

Amber then begins leading us to Zane's house, taking us through the alleys to get there. We avoid the guards as much as possible, slowly running one at a time to arrive at Zane's house.

"Huh? It's dead... Funny. Usually there are lights on." Amber says.

"Huh? Someone's been staying there?" I question.

"No. There's usually some researchers who spend most of their night in there." Amber elaborates. "This is the first time I've seen it empty."

"What about the Ro'Meave family, do they visit often?" Garroth asks.

"The Ro'Meave family? Not a chance." Amber says.

"Why not? I'm sure the Ro'Meaves would visit the home of one of their son's." Garroth says.

"If you say so." Amber replies. "I've never met the Ro'Meaves. But they couldn't come here even if they wanted to. Those two have been held in jail since the occupation began."

"What?! They've been arrested...?" Anna says, finally paying attention again.

"This house has been a particular interest of Tu'La. During the day all manners of scholars and high level researchers go in and out of this house. They don't let just anyone in."

"Maybe that's why Ivy want me..." Anna mutters. "She knows about the research I did for Zane..."

"Good luck, Aphmau." Amber says.

"What? Amber, you're not coming with us?" I question.

"Nope. Not a chance. The Boss has me on some other errands while I'm here... she figured you'll do just fine getting the information on your own." Amber explains.

"That doesn't surprise me at all." Anna says.

"That's the Boss for you. Plus, I gotta be careful not to get caught." Amber says. "Anyway, I've got to meet my contact before they think I've run into any Tu'La patrol. I'll meet you on the other side of the wall once you're finished."

~~~~~~/Anna's POV/~~~~~~

Amber then sneaks away and we sneak up the stairs to Zane's house. We head inside and go upstairs.

"Well, we've made it this far. We're already doing better than I thought we would." Katelyn says. "I thought we'd have been captured for sure, at this point."