Chap. 45 ~ Irene Is Here

Everyone gets seated and situated in Hyria's lounge room, while I'm upstairs in her kitchen, with Phoenix by my side.

"It's finally happening..." I smile, brewing another healing potion for myself.

"Anna! Come down here, you need to hear this." Hyria calls from below.

"I'll be down in a sec..." I reply, bottling the potion into three portions. "One a day..." I mutter, downing the first bottle.

As I walk down the stairs, I look at Katelyn and state, "I though I asked you to remind me not to battle when I'm like this..."

Katelyn chuckles as I go and lean against the wall near Zianna, who's sitting on a couch and Vylad, who's standing by a window. Phoenix goes and sits next to Aphmau, who's sitting on the couch opposite to Zianna, as close to the fire as I would allow. Garroth, Katelyn and Lucinda are spread out across the room, causing everyone to be in a semi-circle shape, whilst Hyria stands in the center, close to the fire, directly in between Aphmau and Zianna.

"You know, we were just headed to O'Khasis to help you guys, but it looks like it's not needed anymore." Katelyn states.

"So... Ivy's... Dead." Aphmau asks, confirming.

"Yeah..." Vylad replies.

"I wish is was by my hands." I growl.

"You could barely stand, let alone continue to fight." Vylad says, rubbing my shoulder.

"I could have done more..." I mutter. "At the level she was at, I could have killed her easily..."

"If you hadn't been kicked in the STOMACH, you mean." Garroth argues. "Which, you should be sitting down and resting!

"Hey!" I snap, folding my arms.

"The rebellion will take care of the rest, right now our family needs to remain hidden until it's safe. That includes you two Anna." Zianna explains, reassuring me.

I smile at the thought of being apart of a family again, but the smile quickly fades from the pain I'm still feeling. Sitting makes it feel worse, standing just stretches the pain out across my body, making it more bearable and uncomfortable.

"I suppose that's why Wyvern's don't get involved in human affairs." Aphmau says. "Honestly, for Raven to have been able to do that to a relic wielder." 

"Ivy wasn't able to harness the full power of the relic." Hyria states. "It takes far to many years to be in complete control of a relic. Something only a few of the Divine were able to do. A Divine Warrior at their true power is far more powerful than a Wyvern."

"Ivy's carelessness shows that she would never be ready for that kind of power." I add.

"Who are you exactly? You speak as if you knew them personally." Katelyn questions.

Hyria chuckles slightly, "I did."

"Mom?" Lucinda states.

"Lucinda, you knew this?" Katelyn questions.

"No, I was never aware of this, I- I was aware she was ancient, but not THAT ancient." Lucninda responds.

"Excuse me young lady! I'm old, but I still have feelings." Hyria yells.

I snicker, earning myself a deadly glare from someone you don't want to mess with.

"Oops, I almost forgot about that." Lucinda mutters sarcastically.

"Well, at least you're consistent in how you feel about me." Hyria replies. "I wasn't expecting forgiveness right of the bat."

"Forgive me for interrupting this, uh, 'sentimental' family moment, but you asked us in here to speak of Irene. The truth." Garroth says, stopping the argument.