Chap. 28 ~ Letters From a Loved One

I decided to come back to the portal and sit there... To relax and think about him...

"Why did he have to do that...? I understand that it was to save Garroth and kill Zane but... HE DIDN'T EVEN SAY GOODBYE! He just left... He just left me... No note, no goodbye... Nothing... The last interaction we had... I didn't even see his face, he just knocked me out and I claimed I would kill him next time I saw him... Instead he did that to himself."

I look up into the sky and frown, feeling rivers flow from my eyes to the ground. When I finally lower my head, I see Garroth standing near the hole. I go to walk over when I see Aphmau walk over to him. "She hasn't left her house since... And he hasn't talked to her since... I should probably leave them..."

They begin talk when they suddenly stop and look over to behind Aphmau. I look over and see Ivy...

"Grrr.... I swore I would kill her next time I saw her." I run through the tree line towards Garroth, Aphmau, Ivy and the other guy. I decide not to get to close... But then the guy knocks out Garroth and I rush over.

"Ivy!" I yell.

"Hmm... Oh! Anna... What a nice surprise. It's so good to see one my childhood friend again!"

I growl at the mere thought of us being friends.

"Gavin, don't go hard on those 2. Anna, here is a Jury member and the boy is a Ro'Meave who I was recently told was dead."

"I see."

"I've looking for a way to vent my anger and sadness, killing you should do just that." I smile.

"Hmm... I see you're turning back to the dark side. If you loose your emotions, come to Tu'La, the king looking for more people like you to recruit."

"Grrr!" I launch into attack mode and attempt to strike Ivy, when Vylad appears in his Shadow Knight form, helping Garroth by attacking Gavin. Ivy blocks my attack with her sword.

"You've always been stronger than me, but not anymore... Aphmau here isn't the only special person."

"I know what Tu'La wants..." I look at Ivy, then Aphmau. "Thank you for revealing exactly what you are looking for. Now all we gotta do is find them before you and since we have all the descendants on our side, finding them won't be hard what so ever." I have no idea where any of them are or if there are any descendants alive...

"Hmph... Gavin, we're going to have to fall back." Ivy says.

"Now your starting to talk my language." Gavin replies.

"I hate leaving things unfinished but we'll pick things up where we left off next time." Ivy says, before disappearing.

"Oh, Vylad! It really is you! I can't believe it!" Garroth says.

"I-I've... Missed you..." Vylad says. "Are you hurt?"

"AM I HURT?! That's not the question YOU should be asking me! I thought you were DEAD and now you're back...!? Do you know how much I've missed you!? This is incredible!" Garroth says.

"Vylad is a Shadow Knight so... Techniqually... He is dead..." I whisper to Aphmau.

"Didn't he think you were dead this morning?" Aphmau whispers, looking at Garroth and  Vylad.

"...It's a long story, but I'm more concerned about you." Vylad says.

"Just a couple of bumps. Nothing serious." Garroth replies. "I'm glad you're here, but you could work on your timing better. I wouldn't mind if you showed up a little sooner next time."